This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Jan 17, 2013 8:34 AM by Hussein Sawwan-Oracle RSS

Re:R12 installation

429965 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi alll,

Please I need advice on what version of Oracle Linux I need to install for R12. I need to know if to go for Oracle Linux 5 or 6 32bit. Please I am trying to avoid all the unnecessary complications and problems. I also need link to any document that will be of help to me for the version. What are the things I need to avoid and also make sure I do.

Thanks

Edited by: nick2 on Jan 15, 2013 2:10 PM
  • 1. Re:R12 installation
    Hussein Sawwan-Oracle Employee ACE
    nick2 wrote:
    Hi alll,

Please I need advice on what version of Oracle Linux I need to install for R12. I need to know if to go for Oracle Linux 5 or 6 32bit. Please I am trying to avoid all the unnecessary complications and problems. I also need link to any document that will be of help to me for the version. What are the things I need to avoid and also make sure I do.

Thanks
    Please refer to Oracle EBS R12 installations docs for the list of supported Linux OS.

Oracle E-Business Suite Installation and Upgrade Notes Release 12 (12.1.1) for Linux x86 [ID 761564.1]
    Oracle E-Business Suite Installation and Upgrade Notes Release 12 (12.1.1) for Linux x86-64 [ID 761566.1]

Linux 6 requires extra steps (mentioned in the docs). And, if you can go with 64-bit, then you can take advantage of utilizing more than 4 GB (Frequently Asked Questions: Oracle E-Business Suite Support on x86-64 [ID 343917.1]).

Thanks,
    Hussein
  • 2. Re:R12 installation
    Carlo den Otter Explorer
    Hello Nick,

Please also note the following:

The following products are currently not officially supported on the corresponding Linux operating system versions due to third party products' lack of support:
    Product      Operating System
    Oracle Advanced Supply Chain Planning (MSC)      Oracle Linux 6, RHEL 6
    Oracle Inventory Optimization (MSR)      Oracle Linux 6, RHEL 6
    Oracle Constraint Based Optimization (MSO)      Oracle Linux 6, RHEL 6
    Oracle Sourcing (PON)      Oracle Linux 6, RHEL 6
    Oracle Engineering (ENG)      Oracle Linux 6, RHEL 6
    Oracle Work In Process (WIP)      Oracle Linux 6, RHEL 6
    Oracle Manufacturing Scheduling (WPS)      Oracle Linux 6, RHEL 6

Regards, Carlo.
  • 3. Re:R12 installation
    Hussein Sawwan-Oracle Employee ACE
    Hi Carlo,

This is mentioned in the two docs referenced above -- Please do not post the contents of MOS docs since this violates Oracle support agreement policy.

Thanks,
    Hussein

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points