This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Jan 16, 2013 5:39 AM by Nicolette RSS

Link in Tabular Column to set value

953399 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,

I am using Apex 4.2. I have created a tabular form with a link that branches to the same page and a textbox displaying the qty.
On click of the link I want to increment the value of the textbox.

I know I should use dynamic actions and javascript to set the value but the issue is i am not getting the id of the textbox which i should update because links (<a/> dont have ids.

Please help.

Thanks,
DS
  • 1. Re: Link in Tabular Column to set value
    714270 Pro
    user8041951 wrote:
    Hi,

I am using Apex 4.2. I have created a tabular form with a link that branches to the same page and a textbox displaying the qty.
    On click of the link I want to increment the value of the textbox.

I know I should use dynamic actions and javascript to set the value but the issue is i am not getting the id of the textbox which i should update because links (<a/> dont have ids.
    Not sure what you mean by this. Can you setup an example in apex.oracle.com for this issue?

>
    Please help.

Thanks,
    DS
    BTW, I have earlier posted in the thread below the approach to identify/update a specific column in the tabular form:
    Disable column in tabular form.
  • 2. Re: Link in Tabular Column to set value
    953399 Newbie
    Thanks Rohit.

My problem is similar to that except on click of a link i should modify the textbox column.
    In the example both the columns are textboxes so I can get the id and modify.
    But here the trigerring column is a link. and the ids are available only to the input fields and not for display only or links.

Can you suggest some ideas for this scenario.

Regards,
    DS
  • 3. Re: Link in Tabular Column to set value
    714270 Pro
    Please setup an example of your scenario in apex.oracle.com. I should be comment clearly if see what you are doing and what you want to achieve.
  • 4. Re: Link in Tabular Column to set value
    Nicolette Expert
    DS
    user8041951 wrote:
    But here the trigerring column is a link. and the ids are available only to the input fields and not for display only or links.
    You can define attributes for the link with the setting Link Attributes under Column link of the column attributes.
    Here you can set your id attribute. You can use #COLUMN_ALIAS# if you want to use a column value

For instance if you have a column ID and you want to set the value of this column as value for your id attribute.
    Then the link attributes setting becomes
    id="#ID#"
    Nicolette

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points