2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 16, 2013 12:50 PM by user8249972 RSS

highlight the row the user is on in a subtab region.

user8249972
      Folks,

I am accepting user input in a subtab region and users are complaining they loose track of which row they are editing when moving between tabs (more so because there are few tabs in the subtab region that have just readonly fields which makes the individual rows appear more compressed (even tho height of all cells is set to 1) than the tabs where some fields are editable......), not sure why this is happening either.....

is there a way to highlight the row (across all tabs in the subtab region) that the user is currently on ???? (i did see a mention of using rowReference but that is provided control gets sent back to processRequest or processformRequest, however, i do not see that happening when the user moves around in the page).

inputs would be appreciated.

Thank you.
        • 1. Re: highlight the row the user is on in a subtab region.
          Sushant Sharma
          Hi,

Is there a table region in which there are number of rows. So you want to highlight using different color for the current row selected ?

--Sushant                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       
          • 2. Re: highlight the row the user is on in a subtab region.
            user8249972
            hi, yes, the subtablayout region has different tabs that are classic table (region style) and the region has multiple rows. i have to just highlight the row that the user is currently on . this has to happen to all the columns of the row across all tabs in the subtab region (1 VO row is displayed across multiple tabs) . how do i accomplish this when i am observing that movement within the page is not sending control to processRequest or processformRequest ?

if highlighting is not feasible is there any other way to indicate/identify for the user the current row that he is editing when he moves between tabs (becos different fields in a row are split across tabs).

would really appreciate some suggestions . without this it is getting confusing for the user....
            thank you.