2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 17, 2013 4:39 AM by Carlo den Otter RSS

What's the point of EBS maintenance mode

Jimbo
      I am trying to work out the value of EBS maintenance mode as enabled via ADADMIN, in regards to keeping users informed that the system is down for maintenance

Naturally I enanble maintenance mode in order to use adpatch or adadmin and when it is enabled, users trying to log in get a message pertaining to the system being down for maintenance.

However when I apply an EBS patch, I typically use adstpall.sh to stop all the Apps Services - including the Conc Managers, the Forms Server and even the Apache Server.

Therefore I do not see how users get any maintenance message at all when they try to login ( since the Apache server is down ) - surely they just get URL Not found !

Can anyone share their understanding of how this works ?

thanks,
      Jim
        • 1. Re: What's the point of EBS maintenance mode
          Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
          Jimbo wrote:
          I am trying to work out the value of EBS maintenance mode as enabled via ADADMIN, in regards to keeping users informed that the system is down for maintenance

Naturally I enanble maintenance mode in order to use adpatch or adadmin and when it is enabled, users trying to log in get a message pertaining to the system being down for maintenance.

However when I apply an EBS patch, I typically use adstpall.sh to stop all the Apps Services - including the Conc Managers, the Forms Server and even the Apache Server.

Therefore I do not see how users get any maintenance message at all when they try to login ( since the Apache server is down ) - surely they just get URL Not found !

Can anyone share their understanding of how this works ?

thanks,
          Jim
          Please see (Maintenance Mode - A New Feature in 11.5.10 [ID 291901.1]).

Please also see old threads for similar topic/discussion -- https://forums.oracle.com/forums/search.jspa?threadID=&q=maintenance+AND+mode&objID=c3&dateRange=all&userID=&numResults=15&rankBy=10001

Thanks,
          Hussein
          • 2. Re: What's the point of EBS maintenance mode
            Carlo den Otter
            Hello Jimbo,

Please check:

Oracle E-Business Suite System Administrator's Guide - Maintenance
            Release 12.1
            Part Number E12894-04

Patching and Maintenance with Oracle Applications Manager

Managing Downtime in Restricted Mode

in http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E18727_01/doc.121/e12894/T202991T219747.htm

Regards, Carlo.