7 Replies Latest reply: Jan 17, 2013 4:24 AM by Srinath Menon-Oracle RSS

BatchLoader in UCM10g!!

ManojC
      Hi,

I am using the batchloader to import large amount of content into the contribution folders. In my case I would like to propagate the default metadata values from the folder level to the contents.
      From the web browser GUI and DIS I am able to do so, by marking the folder to propagate. But if I import the contents using BL with the 'xCollectionID' then the metadata is not propagated from folder to the content.
      Please advise the the possiblity propagating the metadata from folder to content using batchloader.
        • 1. Re: BatchLoader in UCM10g!!
          Srinath Menon-Oracle
          Hi ,

Navigate to UCM - Administration - Folder Administration - Information Inherit and here check the values which you want all the contents to inherit when they are checked in to the folders .

This way all the contents that are being batch loaded to the folder will have those specific metadata values populated as the one is assigned to Folder .

Or else you can use Archiver to mass update the content's metadata post-import .

Thanks,
          Srinath
          • 2. Re: BatchLoader in UCM10g!!
            ManojC
            Hi Srinath,

I have updated the Folder inherit information under the folder administration. After that I have uploaded the files using batchloader, but still the values are not propagated to the contents from the folder. Here is the sample batch file.

Action = insert
            dDocName=TestDocu
            dDocTitle=TestDocu
            dDocType=ADACCT
            dDocAuthor=sysadmin
            dSecurityGroup=Secure
            dInDate=1/16/2013
            xCollectionID=123
            primaryFile=C:/temp/UCM_Batch/TestDocu.txt
            <<EOD>>

Please tell me if I am missing anything.
            • 3. Re: BatchLoader in UCM10g!!
              Srinath Menon-Oracle
              Hi Prabhu ,

I tested this and seeing the same behavior where in the folder fields are not being inherited for contents that are checked in through Batch Loader . Tested this with a webdav drag-drop and that works fine as in metadata inheritance is working fine .

Checking further on this .

Thanks,
              Srinath
              • 4. Re: BatchLoader in UCM10g!!
                ManojC
                Hi Srinath,

Please advise me if the batch loader works fine for the metadata propagation.

Thanks
                • 5. Re: BatchLoader in UCM10g!!
                  Bunty
                  Alternative to batchLoader you can use IdcCommand tool (at the same location as BatchLoader).
                  to your batch file add the following lines for each record
                  IdcService=CHECKIN_UNIVERSAL
                  Action = insert

and if you do not want the checked in file to be cleaned up after successful check-in, add
                  doFileCopy=1

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E14571_01/doc.1111/e10807/c06_integration002.htm
                  • 6. Re: BatchLoader in UCM10g!!
                    ManojC
                    Hi Bunty,

The IDCCommand works fine for metadata propagation. Please share the steps or doc for running the idccommand remotely to the content server, also advise me why the batchloader is not responding for the metadata propagation.

Thanks
                    • 7. Re: BatchLoader in UCM10g!!
                      Srinath Menon-Oracle
                      Hi ,

The reason for this issue with Batch Loader is that the service called by it is CHECKIN_ARCHIVE . This seems to be not honour the folder inheritance settings set for a contribution folder. Not sure if this is "by-design" or "bug with the service" . It looks to be the former and on the same line that BatchLoaded contents does not enter WF .

You can use the IdcCommand utility as Bunty mentions , use CHECKIN_UNIVERSAL service and achieve the requirement .

IdcService=CHECKIN_UNIVERSAL
                      Action = insert
                      dDocName=TestDocu5
                      dDocTitle=TestDocu5-IdcCommand
                      dDocType=ADACCT
                      dDocAuthor=sysadmin
                      dSecurityGroup=Public
                      xCollectionID=614000011
                      primaryFile=C:/idccommand.txt
                      <<EOD>>

To execute the above use the following syntax : <ucm_home>/bin/IdcCommand.exe -f batchinsert.txt -u sysadmin -l log.txt -c server

This correctly inherits the metadata from folders .

Thanks,
                      Srinath

Edited by: Srinath Menon on Jan 17, 2013 3:53 PM