This discussion is archived
1 Reply Latest reply: Jan 16, 2013 1:10 PM by Dave Miner RSS

LDOM won't AI or Jumpstart

921374 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi All

I have an LDOM I wish to install using either AI (from another LDOM on the same host) or from our jumpstart server (elsewhere).

We have a private VLAN (10) which allows all traffic through, I've successfully set this to be the default VLAN used by the virtual switch, and can confirm that the LDOM I wish to install can connect to both other servers with untagged traffic (I installed the LDOM using a CD just to make sure my connectivity was working before attempting a remote installation).

When I attempt to boot from the network on the LDOM, I receive this error message:

{0} ok boot net - install
Boot device: /virtual-devices@100/channel-devices@200/network@0 File and args: - install
WARNING: /virtual-devices@100/channel-devices@200/network@0: Receiving packet from LDC but LDC is Not Up!

WARNING: /virtual-devices@100/channel-devices@200/network@0: Communication error with Virtual Network Server!

ERROR: boot-read fail

Now, it should work, since a manual installation proves a connection is there, so why does it fail here? Any ideas greatly appreciated, it's driving me mad.

Best,
John

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points