This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Jan 17, 2013 1:29 AM by PeakIndicators_Alastair RSS

ODI Proc to loop / call scenario launches twice - jdbc timeout?

PeakIndicators_Alastair Guru
Currently Being Moderated
Fellow Gurus,

Bit of a funny one - I have an ODI Proc looping around a set of variables (source and target table names) to dynamically call an interface to builk shift a set of data. The Sync Mode = 1 as I want to run it in Serial so I dont get a clash of C$ / I$ tables , however I have a weird behaviour where in some cases, a duplicate session is launced (when the sub-scenario runs for longer than 5 mins) - with the same variable values as the last session (there are no dupes in my command on source).

Is there a timeout setting for how long the Parent session waits before launching again ?
I dont want to go down the route of using WaitForChildsession if I can help it as it complicates the chain somewhat - Any other workarounds ?

Basic set up is :

Proc (Command on source, StartScen command on target)
--- Calls package (declare Variable, Run Interface)
Loop.

Thanks
Alastair
  • 1. Re: ODI Proc to loop / call scenario launches twice - jdbc timeout?
    _Phil Journeyer
    I experienced the same behaviour in one of my scenarios recently - multiple sessions spawning for the same scenario without any apparent reason. It was caused by a timeout on the agent host server and increasing the timeout value resolved it in my case.

My setup was 2 agent Linux servers (JavaEE), load balanced.

Edited by: _Phil on Jan 16, 2013 3:44 PM                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               
  • 2. Re: ODI Proc to loop / call scenario launches twice - jdbc timeout?
    947819 Newbie
    Or else you can use the Go-NOGO flags.

ID: 1138473.1
  • 3. Re: ODI Proc to loop / call scenario launches twice - jdbc timeout?
    _Phil Journeyer
    I dug out a few more details from when I encountered this. It was the timeout between the web server and weblogic agent server which was defaulted to 5 minutes and some of the calls to the agent took longer than that so it cut off after 5 minutes and retried the request. We fixed it by setting the timeout (WLIOTimeoutSecs )to be longer in the apache config.
  • 4. Re: ODI Proc to loop / call scenario launches twice - jdbc timeout?
    PeakIndicators_Alastair Guru
    Thanks for the suggestions, will check it out.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points