This discussion is archived
1 Reply Latest reply: Jan 17, 2013 11:48 AM by SunilSharma RSS

What is the correct configuration limits in Instanceconfig.xml file?

Sudipta Gupta Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi Gurus,

I need help on resolving limit errors throwing by some reports and charts. I almost fed up trying at least 9-10 changes suggested by existing threads, blogs etc. Those are not really helped me to resolve at least one issue. Overall I'm getting 3 different errors from reports/charts as following:

1. View Display Error : Exceeded configured maximum number of allowed input records.
2. View Error: Assertion failure: !(i == m_mEnumKeyedMap.end()) at line 324 of ./inc/nq/webutil/stringenummap.h
3. "View Display Error , Exceeded configured maximum number of allowed output prompts, sections, rows, or columns."

I applied lot of suggested config changes in instanceconfig.xml file and it resulted the following content in that file (Only relevant section given):

<ODBC>
<!--This Configuration setting is managed by Oracle Enterprise Manager Fusion Middleware Control-->
<ResultRowLimit>65000</ResultRowLimit>
</ODBC>
<Views>
<Pivot>
<MaxCells>1920000</MaxCells>
<MaxVisiblePages>2500</MaxVisiblePages>
<MaxVisibleRows>10000000</MaxVisibleRows>
<MaxVisibleSections>50000</MaxVisibleSections>
<DefaultRowsDisplayed>100000</DefaultRowsDisplayed>
<!--This Configuration setting is managed by Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Manager--><DefaultRowsDisplayedInDelivery>75</DefaultRowsDisplayedInDelivery>
<!--This Configuration setting is managed by Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Manager--><DefaultRowsDisplayedInDownload>9999999</DefaultRowsDisplayedInDownload>
</Pivot>
<Cube>
<CubeMaxRecords>30000</CubeMaxRecords>
<CubeMaxPopulatedCells>120000</CubeMaxPopulatedCells>
</Cube>
<Charts>
<MaxVisiblePages>25000</MaxVisiblePages>
</Charts>
<Table>
<MaxVisiblePages>25000</MaxVisiblePages>
<DefaultRowsDisplayed>100000</DefaultRowsDisplayed>
<!--This Configuration setting is managed by Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Manager--><DefaultRowsDisplayedInDelivery>75</DefaultRowsDisplayedInDelivery>
<!--This Configuration setting is managed by Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Manager--><DefaultRowsDisplayedInDownload>9999999</DefaultRowsDisplayedInDownload>
</Table>
</Views>

Can anyone please point out the correct configuration to get rid of these issues or any one of them? I thought it would be relatively easy to fix but I was wrong.

Thanks for your help in advance.
  • 1. Re: What is the correct configuration limits in Instanceconfig.xml file?
    SunilSharma Expert
    Currently Being Moderated
    for error 1 and 3 i think the changes in the instanceconfig.xml file is fine, but i would suggest to add one by one at a time like try for pivot and then with views and then with tables. So you can see as which tags are causing the issue as these need to sit under view tags and server instance.

for the error 2 you need to apply the patch set obiee 11.1.1.6.5 that will resolve the issue or else you can set the logging level for Presentation Services to Warning, Info, Config, or Fine

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points