3 Replies Latest reply: Jan 17, 2013 8:50 AM by Vinod Kamath RSS

Displaying messages logged in log files in the standard output (browser)

Vinod Kamath
      I am using WebLogic Server 10.3.2.0.
      On the weblogic console Home -> Servers -> WLS_ADF -> Logging -> Advanced -> Standard out -> Severity level: NOTICE, Filter: None
      This means that all messages with severity greater than NOTICE should be shown in the Standard Output. Now, I go ahead and delete a datasource configured for an ADF application and then run the ADF application. I get the following error in the browser:

Error 500--Internal Server Error
      From RFC 2068 Hypertext Transfer Protocol -- HTTP/1.1:
      10.5.1 500 Internal Server Error
      The server encountered an unexpected condition which prevented it from fulfilling the request.

However, the actual error
      <Error> <HTTP> <BEA-101020> <[ServletContext@6868356[app:ORMSApp module:ORMS path:/ORMS spec-version:2.5]] Servlet failed with Exception
      oracle.jbo.DMLException: JBO-27200: JNDI failure. Unable to lookup Data Source at context jdbc/devds

is being logged only in the WLS log file. Since this is an ERROR (severity greater than NOTICE), I would have expected it to be shown in the standard output (in this case when I got the Error 500 in the browser). Is this a bug or am I missing something? How can I get the "JBO-27200: JNDI failure. Unable to lookup Data Source at context jdbc/devds" error to also display alongwith the "Error 500--Internal Server Error" on the browser?

Thanks
      Vinod