This discussion is archived
5 Replies Latest reply: Jan 17, 2013 11:09 AM by enelson RSS

Dynamic Logon Screen and Dashboards

enelson Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Is there a way to dynamically display a different style on the logon screen and dashboards based on a condition in the warehouse? For example, if our load is running long, can we change the logon screen to display a graphic and text that states the load is not complete. Apply the same wording to the dashboards.

What is the best practice employed for notifying users that BI is ready or not ready for use?

Thanks!

Eric
  • 1. Re: Dynamic Logon Screen and Dashboards
    Srini VEERAVALLI Guru
    You need to use JSP code in login page by customizing it.
    The JSP code should read the status from W_ETL_RUN_S table column STATUS.
    You may go for beans or all code can embed in the existing BI login screen.

If helps pls mark

BTW: whats the BI version?

Edited by: Srini VEERAVALLI on Jan 16, 2013 10:55 AM
  • 2. Re: Dynamic Logon Screen and Dashboards
    enelson Newbie
    The BI version is 11g. Can you direct me to a web page or example that explains how to use JSP to accomplish this?

Thanks!

Eric
  • 3. Re: Dynamic Logon Screen and Dashboards
    Srini VEERAVALLI Guru
    Ahhh... 11g ;) I would say a little bit hard the way I was mentioning.
    Since 11g uses .html page (FMW\Oracle_BI1\bifoundation\web\msgdb\pages\common\signin.html) unlike 10g. in 10g its .jsp/.asp page!

If possible can try this during user login try to validate the table column W_ETL_RUN_S.STATUS with current date using init block, if the status is not quals to completed then try to set a custom group/role and and land him with a new dashboard based on assigned role with load status, if the status is completed then use wont fall under your custom group/role.
  • 4. Re: Dynamic Logon Screen and Dashboards
    960620 Explorer
    That if you'll assign dynamically SKIN system variable?
    1) create new 'skin' for incorrect ETL situations - [url http://www.oracle.com/webfolder/technetwork/tutorials/obe/fmw/bi/bi1113/customizing_obiee11g/customizing_obiee11g.htm#t1]http://www.oracle.com/webfolder/technetwork/tutorials/obe/fmw/bi/bi1113/customizing_obiee11g/customizing_obiee11g.htm#t1
    2) create init block that will be assign 'error skin' name to user's SKIN session variable after logging.
  • 5. Re: Dynamic Logon Screen and Dashboards
    enelson Newbie
    Thank you. I think that is the best answer; I wll try customizing the style/skin and then assigning that based on an init_block.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points