This discussion is archived
1 2 Previous Next 17 Replies Latest reply: Mar 21, 2013 4:14 AM by 998306 Go to original post RSS
  • 15. Re: Developer tools missing from vs2012
    985295 Newbie
    Currently Being Moderated
    This may seem a little extreme for most users, but I have found the best solution to my issue.

Since my PC is relatively fresh and it is a work computer, I just re-imaged my hard drive and started over.
    This time I Installed VS 2012 then installed the ODT before installing any other Service packs or extensions. It worked perfectly.
    After installing the ODT, I installed SP1 and all of my other extensions, and the ODT is still working as it should.

Sorry I was unable to send the log files before I re-images my computer.

Thanks for all the help Guys. I appreciate your attention to this issue.
  • 16. Re: Developer tools missing from vs2012
    Christian.Shay - Oracle Pro
    in2IT wrote:
    This may seem a little extreme for most users, but I have found the best solution to my issue.

Since my PC is relatively fresh and it is a work computer, I just re-imaged my hard drive and started over.
    This time I Installed VS 2012 then installed the ODT before installing any other Service packs or extensions. It worked perfectly.
    After installing the ODT, I installed SP1 and all of my other extensions, and the ODT is still working as it should.

Sorry I was unable to send the log files before I re-images my computer.

Thanks for all the help Guys. I appreciate your attention to this issue.
    OK, If you hit this problem again, or if anyone else does, please email me the install logs mentioned earlier.

And just a reminder for everyone else, before sending the log, please:

1) Make sure you are installing ODT 11.2.0.3.20 or later
    2) Make sure you are not using Visual Studio Express Edition

I'm sure if there is an issue, it will be fixed by the next release in any case.
  • 17. Re: Developer tools missing from vs2012
    998306 Newbie
    Hi,

I'm having a similar issue, although my context is slightly different.
    My installation is running on a Win7 x64 machine, running both VS 2008 and 2010.
    I had to remove my client home after it stopped working when I installed Developer tools with the latest version (11.2.0.3.20) and client was version 11.2.0.1.2. Surprisingly the provider in VS (both 2008 and 2010) was working properly but everything else stopped working.
    Anyway, I removed all my installation and installed the client again (unfortunately I cannot afford to start over), reinstalling the client worked well and everything was back to normal, except when I installed the Developer tools again, the provider was no longer available in VS (neither 2008 or 2010).

I've done the steps mentioned in the thread and I've found the following information:
    - The "Oracle Developer Tools" are showing in both VS installations;
    - In the installation logs I found the following mentions:
    . No checks to execute for entry points. Please check input files (in the .err file)
    . INFO: ERROR: File not found: C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\ASP.NETWebAdminFiles\App_Data\GroupedProviders.xml (in both .err and .out )
    . ERROR: Error Loading GroupedProviders.xml file. (in both .err and .out )
    - When I tried running devenv.exe with the log option I got this in the logs:
    . OracleVSGPkg.Close - Exception when UnInitializing Oracle Developer Tools DDEX Provider
Oracle.VsDevTools
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
 at Oracle.VsDevTools.DDEX.OracleProviderUtilities.GetExplorerOracleConnections()
 at Oracle.VsDevTools.DDEX.OracleProviderConnectionPersistentData.SynchronizeData()
 at Oracle.VsDevTools.DDEX.OracleProviderConnectionPersistentData.Save(String fileName)
 at Oracle.VsDevTools.DDEX.OracleProviderUtilities.UninitializeProvider()
 at Oracle.VsDevTools.OracleVSGPkg.Microsoft.VisualStudio.Shell.Interop.IVsPackage.Close()

Any input on reasons for the error are highly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Marco
1 2 Previous Next

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points