2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 21, 2013 12:00 AM by Bp21-Oracle RSS

how to make date column sortable which has inline case in report

Bp21-Oracle
      Hi all,

I have date column which has inline case to check for expiration and display text 'expired' along with date. This column is set to be sortable. On sorting, it is doing based on char not on date. How can I retain this inline case along with getting correct sort order on clicking column header ?

Thanks!
        • 1. Re: how to make date column sortable which has inline case in report
          fac586
          982185 wrote:
          Hi all,
          Welcome to the forum: please read the FAQ and forum sticky threads (if you haven't done so already), and update your profile with a real handle instead of "982185".

When you have a problem you'll get a faster, more effective response by including as much relevant information as possible upfront. This should include:

<li>Full APEX version
          <li>Full DB/version/edition/host OS
          <li>Web server architecture (EPG, OHS or APEX listener/host OS)
          <li>Browser(s) and version(s) used
          <li>Theme
          <li>Template(s)
          <li>Region/item type(s) (making particular distinction as to whether a "report" is a standard report, an interactive report, or in fact an "updateable report" (i.e. a tabular form)

With APEX we're also fortunate to have a great resource in apex.oracle.com where we can reproduce and share problems. Reproducing things there is the best way to troubleshoot most issues, especially those relating to layout and visual formatting. If you expect a detailed answer then it's appropriate for you to take on a significant part of the effort by getting as far as possible with an example of the problem on apex.oracle.com before asking for assistance with specific issues, which we can then see at first hand.
          I have date column which has inline case to check for expiration and display text 'expired' along with date. This column is set to be sortable. On sorting, it is doing based on char not on date. How can I retain this inline case along with getting correct sort order on clicking column header ?
          Note comments above regarding the importance of stating whether you are using a standard or interactive report.

Here's 2 possible techniques, which you can modify to fit how you want "expired" values to be sorted:

<li>{message:id=10609805}
          <li>{message:id=4175275}

The second one is the best approach if using a standard report, or an interactive report in APEX 4.2.
          • 2. Re: how to make date column sortable which has inline case in report
            Bp21-Oracle
            Thanks fac586!

I used the second approach itself.

I am newbie to Apex. Will keep in mind the points you have mentioned.