6 Replies Latest reply: Jan 21, 2013 10:05 AM by Hussein Sawwan-Oracle RSS

Flesch readability ease for E-Business suite

Hi everyone,

I need to know if the 'Flesch readability ease' index is above 60 for all functions, help screens, and User guides in EBS.

I searched the Accesibility page and metalink, but couldn't find anything.

Thanks a lot.
        • 1. Re: Flesch readability ease for E-Business suite
          Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
          user805918 wrote:
          Hi everyone,

I need to know if the 'Flesch readability ease' index is above 60 for all functions, help screens, and User guides in EBS.
          Please elaborate more on what you are trying to achieve.
          I searched the Accesibility page and metalink, but couldn't find anything.

Thanks a lot.
          Please see if these docs help.

How Verify The Accessibility Function In E-Business Suite (EBS) Works? [ID 1386850.1]
          E Business Suite Accessibility Compliance [ID 1504709.1]
          Build Accessible Forms Applications [ID 239363.1]

Thanks,
          Hussein
          • 2. Re: Flesch readability ease for E-Business suite
            Hi Hussein,

All I want is to be able to confirm my customer that EBS R12 has the Flesh readibility ease index above 60% as he asks me.
            Thanks for the suggestions, but I can find only general EBS accesibility information, not about the Flesch.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks a lot.
            • 3. Re: Flesch readability ease for E-Business suite
              Srini Chavali-Oracle
              The test is designed to gauge comprehension ability of English - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flesch%E2%80%93Kincaid_readability_test

I do not believe you will find any information regarding this score for EBS - your client will have to employ a consulting company to determine this score for EBS documents, screens etc

HTH
              Srini
              • 4. Re: Flesch readability ease for E-Business suite
                Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                user805918 wrote:
                Hi Hussein,

All I want is to be able to confirm my customer that EBS R12 has the Flesh readibility ease index above 60% as he asks me.
                Thanks for the update.
                Thanks for the suggestions, but I can find only general EBS accesibility information, not about the Flesch.

Any help is much appreciated.
                If you are referring to Oracle EBS docs, then I do not think you will find this score documented. Have you tried to log a SR and see if Oracle support can provide you with such details? You can also send an email to infodev_us@oracle.com (Feedback on E-Business Suite Docs) and see if they can help.

Thanks,
                Hussein
                • 5. Re: Flesch readability ease for E-Business suite
                  Hi,

Thank you all. Hussein, the customer doesn't specify but I think he's referring to the entire EBS - the ERP as a whole. It makes sense to me that a consulting company may be needed to setup the exact score of the test at implementation time.
                  • 6. Re: Flesch readability ease for E-Business suite
                    Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                    user805918 wrote:
                    Hi,

Thank you all. Hussein, the customer doesn't specify but I think he's referring to the entire EBS - the ERP as a whole. It makes sense to me that a consulting company may be needed to setup the exact score of the test at implementation time.
                    I would give it a try and contact Oracle via the email referenced above (or through a SR).

Thanks,
                    Hussein