This discussion is archived
1 2 Previous Next 17 Replies Latest reply: Jan 18, 2013 12:18 AM by Aman.... Go to original post RSS
  • 15. Re: Need help in connecting
    EdStevens Guru
    Currently Being Moderated
    Niket Kumar wrote:
    @Ed

vivek is asking for cmd prompt from where it will fire / as sysdba

lik

C:\Users\niketk>
    Noted. I guess that was a language/translation issue.
  • 16. Re: Need help in connecting
    982690 Newbie
    Hi Niket,

Thanx for the answer ,but would like to add one point because i consider this as important info....

1. when i have created the DB then i have used @ in my passwd which is not allowing me to run alter user command properly.....

so i have created a new db named "LocalDB' and paswd as admin now i can use alter user command by following the instrusction you haveprovided......

Now i would like to ask couple of question ,for wfich it would be great if you answer these...

1.Now i want to delete the "testdb" which i have crteated and used the wrong paswd (as it contains @)...
    2.suppose i want to create a new user apart from hr ....what steps shud i follow...
    3.does hr user has all rights to create update db tables/schema etc .....
  • 17. Re: Need help in connecting
    Aman.... Oracle ACE
    >
    1.Now i want to delete the "testdb" which i have crteated and used the wrong paswd (as it contains @)...
    Why you want to delete the entire db? Why don't you just change the password?
    2.suppose i want to create a new user apart from hr ....what steps shud i follow...
    In the documentation at http://tahiti.oracle.com , search for the command create user . It would tell you the steps.
    3.does hr user has all rights to create update db tables/schema etc .....
    Any user by default has no right, not to even connect to the db. You would have to assign the permissions to that user to make him do whatever is needed for him.

Aman....
1 2 Previous Next

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points