1 2 Previous Next 15 Replies Latest reply: Jan 22, 2013 5:06 AM by Vigneswar Battu RSS

Cheque/Check Writer Process

Hello Dears,

I'm working on Oracle Applications : 12.1.3. Legislation: BH

I have a requirement where a few of the employees have their payment method as cheque apart from the other employess where they have Fund Trasfer through Bank.
      I have to process these employees with Cheque as their payment method by issuing a cheque.
      I have a seeded Cheque writer(Generic) program available. How Can I use it to customize for my requirement.

Or If I can have one of my own How should I start?

What are the preliminary steps to be done before I can use this process?

What are the steps to be done to print cheques for the selected employees.

My knowledge on Above Requirement is quite limited. Metalink search did not satisfy me much.

Appreciate your inputs.
        • 1. Re: Cheque/Check Writer Process
          Vigneswar Battu
          Hi SRS,

What do you want to customize ?
          Did you go through -
          http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E18727_01/doc.121/e13514/T1032T1036.htm#6328932

I guess you're using International HR and Payroll for BH ?
          International HR and Payroll [ID 261452.1]

Cheque Writer(Generic) is based on PYUGEN.
          So not sure if you can amend the data side of it.
          But you can define a layout of your choice and then merge it with the XML generated from the check writer process.

Cheers,
          Vignesh
          • 2. Re: Cheque/Check Writer Process
            Vigneswar Battu wrote:
            Cheque Writer(Generic) is based on PYUGEN.
            So not sure if you can amend the data side of it.
            But you can define a layout of your choice and then merge it with the XML generated from the check writer process.

Cheers,
            Vignesh
            VB,Thanks for your reply.

I'm lost on your point on merging my XML generated.

How exactly do I go about it. Could you elaborate?

acutually my requirement is there are a few elements which have to be processed
            through cheque payment only.

How do I pay these elements. Is it possible to pay these elements as part of the
            regular payroll process and pay as a cheque?

Any bonus elements should be processed separately in the mid of the month at certain
            time of the year.
            All these would be paid as cheque. How do I pay them by issuing a cheque?

And also there are a few employees who have cheque as their payment method.
            So for them we define a personal paymethod as Cheque.

And when we run the Cheque Writer(Generic) will it process as cheque?
            Should I do any additional set up

Can you please explain these to me.

Thanks,
            SRS

Edited by: 874719 on Jan 18, 2013 7:10 AM
            • 3. Re: Cheque/Check Writer Process
              Vigneswar Battu
              So there are 2 requirements here -

#1. Bonus
              When you run prepayments, you can specify a parameter for Payment Method Override
              When you run a mid-month payroll just for Bonus, you can run prepayments and override the pay method.
              This would ensure that these are processed with a different pay method than what is entered for the person.
              It is also advisable to use run-types for processing separate payments.
              It is a whole lot of functionality as well - search for run type - http://www.oracle.com/pls/ebs121/search?word=run+type

#2. Try running the Cheque writer generic and see what it returns ?
              Does it give you an XML or a PDF output ?
              You would first have to process a quick-pay or payroll run and then prepayments.

Cheers,
              Vignesh
              • 4. Re: Cheque/Check Writer Process
                The Cheque Writer Process is erroring out with some java lang null exception

java.lang.NullPointerException
                at oracle,apps.pay.core.documents.DocGenerator.getCharset(DocGenerator.java:563
                at oracle,apps.pay.core.documents.DocGenerator.writeBuffer(DocGenerator.java:171

An unexpected error has been detected by hava Run time Environment

Edited by: 874719 on Jan 18, 2013 8:37 AM

Edited by: 874719 on Jan 18, 2013 8:41 AM
                • 5. Re: Cheque/Check Writer Process
                  Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                  874719 wrote:
                  The Cheque Writer Process is erroring out

Edited by: 874719 on Jan 18, 2013 8:23 AM
                  Please post the complete error message here.

Thanks,
                  Hussein
                  • 6. Re: Cheque/Check Writer Process
                    Hussein,I was updating the post when ya actually posted the message. Sorry for the inconvenience.
                    The other requests are running but this request shows this error which seems irrelevant to the request run or am I wrong here!

But I can see the first line of the output file showing as XML. So this is an xml output

Edited by: 874719 on Jan 18, 2013 8:46 AM
                    • 7. Re: Cheque/Check Writer Process
                      Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                      874719 wrote:
                      Hussein,I was updating the post when ya actually posted the message. Sorry for the inconvenience.
                      The other requests are running but this request shows this error which seems irrelevant to the request run or am I wrong here!
                      No problem :)

Please see these docs.

Check Writer XML Errors With Signal 6, 'emsg:was terminated by signal 6' [ID 1304137.1]
                      Deposit Advice (XML) Fails With Message Terminated By Signal 6 [ID 1327466.1]

Thanks,
                      Hussein
                      • 8. Re: Cheque/Check Writer Process
                        my log file doesnt have anything that shows *.dbc*. I can see a path that ends with PYUGEN.
                        I'm running the Cheque writer(Generic) program

/u01/oracle/erp12crp1/apps/apps_st/appl/appl/pay/12.0.0/bin/PYUGEN.
                        • 9. Re: Cheque/Check Writer Process
                          Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                          874719 wrote:
                          my log file doesnt have anything that shows *.dbc*. I can see a path that ends with PYUGEN.
                          I'm running the Cheque writer(Generic) program

/u01/oracle/erp12crp1/apps/apps_st/appl/appl/pay/12.0.0/bin/PYUGEN.
                          Please post the complete contents of the log file here.

Please also run this query and post the output here.
                          SQL> select *
                          from pay_action_parameters
                          where parameter_name = 'DBC_FILE';
                          If the query returns no records, then please run the insert statement as mentioned in [ID 1327466.1] with the correct path/name of your DBC file.

Thanks,
                          Hussein
                          • 10. Re: Cheque/Check Writer Process
                            Hussein,
                            Mine was not showing any results So I tried inserting a record into the table it says max limit is 80 only. Oracle requests to create a symbolic link for which I don have access right now.
                            So have to wait until the next day.

I would like to get clarity on one thing. Is it possible for me to process a particular element to be paid as a cheque.
                            I mean there are elements A,B,C. B should be of Check type always. Is it possible for me to process all these three elements as a payroll run but pay B as Cheque what ever the payment method of Employee is

Is that possible
                            • 11. Re: Cheque/Check Writer Process
                              Vigneswar Battu
                              Hi SRS,

I'm afraid that is not possible.
                              You can only split your Net pay into percentages, but not link each element into a seperate pay.
                              As I suggested earlier, you will have to use run-types and process Bonus element in a seperate pay-run.
                              So you will have
                              - a standard runtype which processes all other elements
                              - an extra-pay runtype which would process one(or few) elements you define under sepeate pay.

Cheers,
                              Vignesh
                              • 12. Re: Cheque/Check Writer Process
                                Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                                874719 wrote:
                                Hussein,
                                Mine was not showing any results So I tried inserting a record into the table it says max limit is 80 only. Oracle requests to create a symbolic link for which I don have access right now.
                                So have to wait until the next day.
                                Would you please post the insert statement you used along with the complete error message?

Btw, have you tried to relink the executable file manually or via adadmin? -- How to Relink PYUGEN ? [ID 149756.1]
                                I would want to clarify on one thing. Is it possible for me to process a particular element to be paid as a cheque.
                                I mean there are elements A,B,C. B should be of Check type always. Is it possible for me to process all these three elements as a payroll run but pay B as Cheque what ever the payment method of Employee is

Is that possible
                                This is a functional question which is beyond my technical knowledge. Maybe Vignesh (or someone else) can answer this question.

Thanks,
                                Hussein
                                • 13. Re: Cheque/Check Writer Process
                                  Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                                  Looks like Vignesh has already answered your question while I was typing my reply :)

Thanks,
                                  Hussein
                                  • 14. Re: Cheque/Check Writer Process
                                    Hi Vignesh,

Could you kindly let me know on how to merge my layout with the PYUGEN process?

Thanks
                                    1 2 Previous Next