This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 17, 2013 12:19 PM by 978454 RSS

Integration with customized Web Service (asmx)

978454 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,

I need to create a customized web service (asmx) to update some metric values. Is it possible, how? If it's possible, how can I be able to use IXDataManager, AppPlatformHelper and IDataReader in the web service in order to affect the database instead of directly execute update queries?

Thanks!

-Silvia S
  • 1. Re: Integration with customized Web Service (asmx)
    Ron M Pro
    Hi Silvia,

If you are OK using WCF services instead of asmx web services, then you can leverage our Integration web application, along with our own web services to create your web service. Your custom web service would inherit our base web service class from ProdikaAPILib, and would be hosted in the Integration web application.

We are working on making a reference implementation of a web service available to all, but until then I can provide you with an example. And we can provide assistance as you proceed with it.
    If you are interested in this approach, please provide your email address and I will contact you. Or you could submit an SR, referencing this forum post and ask support to push it to me.
  • 2. Re: Integration with customized Web Service (asmx)
    978454 Newbie
    Hi Ron,

I would appreciate if you can send me any help document/example. Here is my email silvia.salas@kalypso.com.

Thanks!

-Silvia S

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points