This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 17, 2013 7:18 PM by ccortez RSS

Can I install 11g Forms and Reports on Windows XP and keep 10g Frm & Rpts

SnowXTC Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
We are hoping to move to 11g Forms and Reports by the end of the summer. I am hoping I can install 11g Forms and Reports on Windows XP and keep my current version of 10g Forms and Reports as well.

Is this possible?

Any installation tricks that I should know about?

Currently running:
Forms 10.1.2.0.2
Reports 10.1.2.0.2
Windows XP Professional Version 2002 SP3

Would like to add the current version of 11g Forms and Reports.

Thanx
Pam
  • 1. Re: Can I install 11g Forms and Reports on Windows XP and keep 10g Frm & Rpts
    Michael Ferrante (Oracle) Guru Moderator
    If you are familar with how Windows works, it can probably be done. The trick will likely be that before attempting to install, you will need to first remove references to version 10 from the system PATH and be sure that ORACLE_HOME is not set. Next you will need to understand that you won't be able to use both at the same time. in fact, it is unlikely that you will be able to have enough RAM installed on an XP machine to support Forms/Reports 11. The minimum requirement for the install is 2gig RAM installed and I believe 4 available (this means at least 2gig swap). That is the minimum. I can tell you from experience that if you don't have at least 3gig of RAM installed you will hardly be able to use it. Also, be sure that you read the installation guide and system requirements guide. You will need to have a static IP address or install the Winodws Lookback adapter before attempting the WLS or FMw installation.

So, the short answer... yes, it can be done, but I would not recommend it. ;)
  • 2. Re: Can I install 11g Forms and Reports on Windows XP and keep 10g Frm & Rpts
    ccortez Journeyer
    Hi,

You can have both versions if you do this:

1. In the windows's Path variable keep Forms10g related path values first and then Forms11g related path values.
    2. Uncomment and add Forms11g related path values to PATCH_PATH variable from DOMAIN_HOME\bin\setDomainEnv.cmd file.

With this Forms11g will find its files in the PATH

Hope this helps you :)

Regards
    Carlos

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points