1 Reply Latest reply: Jan 18, 2013 7:09 PM by 972351 RSS

OBIEE 11g : Conditional formatting in Chart view based on different column

MBVAnand
      Hi ,

I would like to add formatting to the bars based on another column.

Ex: I just want to highlight bars(metric) when it is less than target value.

We have conditional formatting option in charts but , its working on the same column but not comparing with other columns.

Thank you..
        • 1. Re: OBIEE 11g : Conditional formatting in Chart view based on different column
          Hi, If you have column A and column B , and for example you want the values of column A to get formatted if the the correspoding value of column B less than a specific value. You just go to Criteria -> Get to Column A -> Column Properties -> Conditional Format -> Add Condition -> Choose your Column B , and then make sure the condition is " Less than the value you want"

Now, In case you want the values of your column A to be formatted if they are less to the corresponding value of colum B, Well, I don't think it is natively integrated, but still, here is an idea :

You drag again your column B , so that in Criteria -> Selected Columns , you'll have the columns A - B - B , then, you go to the newely added B Column -> Edit Formula and modify the formula to be ColumnA Minus ColumnB.

Then go back in selected columns to your A Column -> Column Properties -> Conditional Format -> Add Condition -> Choose now the new column ( ColumnA Minus ColumnB ), and then make sure the condition is " Less than the value *0* "

You can later, go and hide the colum A Minus B from Edit View in Results.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
          Salma