This discussion is archived
6 Replies Latest reply: Jan 23, 2013 9:22 AM by 935795 RSS

HqlToken and antlr

935795 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hello,
I am migrating an application from Websphere to Weblogic. As I do, I am removing IBM specific files and making a J2EE Application. So without weblogic-application.xml or weblogic.xml or ibm-*.xml. I faced the following error:
org.hibernate.QueryException: ClassNotFoundException: org.hibernate.hql.ast.HqlToken [
from com.anitesolutions.aks.valueobject.AKSKeyDataVO as key where key.id.keyGroupID = :keyGroupID order by key.id.dki asc
]
     at org.hibernate.hql.ast.HqlLexer.panic(HqlLexer.java:80)
     at antlr.CharScanner.setTokenObjectClass(CharScanner.java:340)

The problem is caused because Weblogic has a copy of antlr.jar and is refusing to accept the jar in the ear.

When I googled, most people recommend me to use a weblogic-application.xml and weblogic.xml to tell weblogic to use the jar in EAR. I prefer not to take a weblogic specific route. I am sure most of you would have solved this in a J2EE way. Have you come across this problem and could you please share how you made.

Thanks
  • 1. Re: HqlToken and antlr
    Kalyan Pasupuleti-Oracle Expert
    Hi,

It is necessary to use antlr 2.7.6 (this version works, however more details of which version should be checked with Hibernate as being a third party tool). There are 4 possible workarounds for this classloading issue:

Package antlr.jar into WEB-INF/lib and add the following tag to weblogic.xml (this works for war alone or packaged into an ear).
    <container-descriptor>
    <prefer-web-inf-classes>true</prefer-web-inf-classes>
    </container-descriptor>
    If it is an ear file then put antlr.jar at APP-INF/lib (or at web application level: WEB-INF/lib) and modify weblogic-application.xml adding the following tag:
    <prefer-application-packages>
    <package-name>antlr.*</package-name>
    </prefer-application-packages>
    Change property hibernate.query.factory_class from hibernate configuration file (hibernate.cfg.xml) (if hibernate.query.factory_class doesn't exist then this value is assigned by default):
    <property name="hibernate.query.factory_class" value="org.hibernate.hql.ast.ASTQueryTranslatorFactory"/>
    to a different parser (classic):
    <property name="hibernate.query.factory_class" value="org.hibernate.hql.classic.ClassicQueryTranslatorFactory"/>
    Set at server classpath level antlr library before WLS classpath (warning: this is the less recommended option because it impacts the whole WLS and may affect another modules).

In setDomainEnv.cmd (or any of the start-up scripts) set the next value at the end of the file, referring to antlr library's location:
    set CLASSPATH=C:\jars\antlr-2.7.6.jar;%CLASSPATH%

Regards,
    kal
  • 2. Re: HqlToken and antlr
    935795 Newbie
    This is useful Kal. I understand there is no J2EE way out and the best way is weblogic.xml.

I have implemented all the three strategies together. I did not do the fourth one as you don't recommend jeopardising the server's classpath. I have other problems classloading the xml apis. I hope to solve that.
  • 3. Re: HqlToken and antlr
    show me the error once.
  • 4. Re: HqlToken and antlr
    935795 Newbie
    The error I recieved for introducing weblogic.xml was
    java.lang.ClassCastException: weblogic.xml.jaxp.RegistryDocumentBuilderFactory cannot be cast to javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory

I read in another forum that weblogic.xml cannot be read because I had xmlParserAPIs-2.0.2 in my ear, but weblogic has another of XML version. So i was asked to remove my jar.

I did so and kept recieving similar errors like the following:
    SLF4J: Class path contains multiple SLF4J bindings.
    SLF4J: Found binding in [jar:file:/C:/wls1211_dev/modules/org.slf4j.jdk14_1.6.1.0.jar!/org/slf4j/impl/StaticLoggerBinder.class]

So, I added the following in the weblogic-application.xml
    <package-name>org.slf4j.*</package-name>
    <package-name>org.apache.commons.*</package-name>
    <prefer-application-resources>
    <resource-name>org/slf4j/impl/StaticLoggerBinder.class</resource-name>
    </prefer-application-resources>     

This did not help as well. So I am trying to upgrade my application to what weblogic uses and remove the jars from my package. Is that the right direction ?
  • 5. Re: HqlToken and antlr
    Hi,

You can resolve this issue by taking the below actions:
    1. Ordering the web application in the weblogic-application.xml by using below tag.
    <classloader-structure> </classloader-structure>

2. Use of Prefer-application-packages in 'weblogic-application.xml' file
    <package-name>org.apache.log4j.*</package-name>

3. Add required jars in WEB-INF/lib (version specific to the web application) and in the weblogic.xml file, use
    <prefer-web-inf-classes> to true.

Regards,
    Kal
  • 6. Re: HqlToken and antlr
    935795 Newbie
    Hi Kal,

I undid the changes and followed your suggestion except the first one on classloader-structure.

The error is
    Caused By: java.lang.ClassCastException: weblogic.xml.jaxp.RegistryDocumentBuilderFactory cannot be cast to javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory
         at javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory.newInstance(DocumentBuilderFactory.java:139)

So, I added the following in weblogic-application.xml
              <package-name>org.apache.log4j.*</package-name>
              <package-name>javax.xml.*</package-name>

My expectation was to request weblogic to load the javax.xml from the jar called xmlParserAPIs-2.0.2.jar, which is packaged inside the war. But that request is not honored by weblogic. I believe I am not communicating with weblogic correctly. Can you please rescue.

Thanks,
    Rajesh

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points