2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 18, 2013 1:54 PM by 875076 RSS

Foreign Keys for a Logical Table

Hi All,

I want to know in which scenarios we create the Foreign Keys for a Logical Table. Once we create the foreign key for the logical table, does it mean that it will automatically override if any joins are there.

Physical Table A, B ( no physical joins)

Logical Table A, B (logical join B(Dim)-->A(Fact))

created the foreign key in logical table A with B .(A.1=B.1)

Will the rpd generate sql with A.1=B.1 join condition for reports.

I tried to create the logical foreign key for logical table A, I could not see any corresponding table option.Here is its snapshot
      http://tinypic.com/r/jq1gkz/6

Thanks,

Virat
        • 1. Re: Foreign Keys for a Logical Table
          Srini VEERAVALLI
          In general when we go complex joins in Physical layer we go for Logical foreign key joins in BMM layer, best examples is SCD Type-II.

Physical Table A, B ( no physical joins)
          -->You need to have a physical join so that this can be override by BMM layer

created the foreign key in logical table A with B .(A.1=B.1) Will the rpd generate sql with A.1=B.1 join condition for reports.
          -->Yes you can see this join in BI Physical query.

I tried to create the logical foreign key for logical table A, I could not see any corresponding table option.Here is its snapshot
          -->2 cases: 1)You need to delete existing logical joins 2) You might not have join in physical layer.

Hope this helps
          Let me know for issues

Edited by: Srini VEERAVALLI on Jan 18, 2013 1:29 PM

BTW: You got very good name, why dont you update in your profile to see your name instead of some number

Edited by: Srini VEERAVALLI on Jan 18, 2013 1:29 PM
          • 2. Re: Foreign Keys for a Logical Table
            Thanks so much Srini.

You are a Savior!!