This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 18, 2013 12:34 PM by 985823 RSS

Show Database Get "Object was not found"error

985823 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi there,



I have a weird situation here.



I created Data Guard Broker setup and show configuration return good result.



It is running for quite a while, and I can see if I switch log file on Primary, the Max Seq# is matched between Primary and Standby. Also do a lot of other test query all return good result.



But today when I happen to run Show Database command it says the DB object not found,



and there is no error in DRCxxx.log file.



Did I miss something? Any suggestions are appreciated.



===============Script===================

--Standby

mkdir log1/dgbroker

mkdir log1/dgbroker/XXXPRD2R

mkdir log2/dgbroker

mkdir log2/dgbroker/XXXPRD2R



--Primary

mkdir log1/dgbroker

mkdir log1/dgbroker/XXXPRD2

mkdir log2/dgbroker

mkdir log2/dgbroker/XXXPRD2



-- primary

alter system set dg_broker_config_file1='/oracle/log1/dgbroker/XXXPRD2/dg1XXXPRD2.dat' scope=both;

alter system set dg_broker_config_file2='/oracle/log2/dgbroker/XXXPRD2/dg2XXXPRD2.dat' scope=both;



-- standby

alter system set dg_broker_config_file1='/oracle/log1/dgbroker/XXXPRD2R/dg1XXXPRD2R.dat' scope=both;

alter system set dg_broker_config_file2='/oracle/log2/dgbroker/XXXPRD2R/dg2XXXPRD2R.dat' scope=both;



-- primary

alter system set dg_broker_start=true scope=both;



-- standby

alter system set dg_broker_start=true scope=both;



-- primary

dgmgrl /



create configuration 'dg_XXXPRD2' as primary database is 'XXXPRD2' connect identifier is 'XXXPRD2';

add database 'XXXPRD2R' as connect identifier is 'XXXPRD2R' maintained as physical;



enable configuration;





===============Script===================



DGMGRL> show configuration



Configuration - dg_XXXPRD2



Protection Mode: MaxAvailability

Databases:

XXXPRD2 - Primary database

XXXPRD2R - Physical standby database



Fast-Start Failover: DISABLED



Configuration Status:

SUCCESS



DGMGRL> SHOW DATABASE XXXPRD2

Object "XXXPRD2" was not found

DGMGRL> show database XXXPRD2R
Object "XXXPRD2R" was not found


-----------------------------------------------
  • 1. Re: Show Database Get "Object was not found"error
    mseberg Guru
    Currently Being Moderated
    Hello;

    What I have noticed is sometimes single quotes count and sometime they don't.

    Try :
    SHOW DATABASE 'XXXPRD2';
    Test
    Welcome to DGMGRL, type "help" for information.
    Connected.
    DGMGRL> show database standby
    Object "standby" was not found
    DGMGRL> show database 'standby';
    Object "standby" was not found
    DGMGRL> show database 'STANDBY';  
    
    Database - STANDBY
    
      Role:            PHYSICAL STANDBY
      Intended State:  APPLY-ON
      Transport Lag:   (unknown)
      Apply Lag:       
      Real Time Query: OFF
      Instance(s):
        STANDBY
    So getting the case matters too.
    DGMGRL> SHOW DATABASE STANDBY;
    Object "standby" was not found
    DGMGRL> 
    Best Regards

    mseberg

    Edited by: mseberg on Jan 18, 2013 2:21 PM
  • 2. Re: Show Database Get "Object was not found"error
    985823 Newbie
    Currently Being Moderated
    You are genius. It does work.

    Don't know why Oracle likes to create this kind of scary.

    Thank you so much.

Legend

  • Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points