2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 18, 2013 2:34 PM by 985823 RSS

    Show Database Get "Object was not found"error

    985823
      Hi there,



      I have a weird situation here.



      I created Data Guard Broker setup and show configuration return good result.



      It is running for quite a while, and I can see if I switch log file on Primary, the Max Seq# is matched between Primary and Standby. Also do a lot of other test query all return good result.



      But today when I happen to run Show Database command it says the DB object not found,



      and there is no error in DRCxxx.log file.



      Did I miss something? Any suggestions are appreciated.



      ===============Script===================

      --Standby

      mkdir log1/dgbroker

      mkdir log1/dgbroker/XXXPRD2R

      mkdir log2/dgbroker

      mkdir log2/dgbroker/XXXPRD2R



      --Primary

      mkdir log1/dgbroker

      mkdir log1/dgbroker/XXXPRD2

      mkdir log2/dgbroker

      mkdir log2/dgbroker/XXXPRD2



      -- primary

      alter system set dg_broker_config_file1='/oracle/log1/dgbroker/XXXPRD2/dg1XXXPRD2.dat' scope=both;

      alter system set dg_broker_config_file2='/oracle/log2/dgbroker/XXXPRD2/dg2XXXPRD2.dat' scope=both;



      -- standby

      alter system set dg_broker_config_file1='/oracle/log1/dgbroker/XXXPRD2R/dg1XXXPRD2R.dat' scope=both;

      alter system set dg_broker_config_file2='/oracle/log2/dgbroker/XXXPRD2R/dg2XXXPRD2R.dat' scope=both;



      -- primary

      alter system set dg_broker_start=true scope=both;



      -- standby

      alter system set dg_broker_start=true scope=both;



      -- primary

      dgmgrl /



      create configuration 'dg_XXXPRD2' as primary database is 'XXXPRD2' connect identifier is 'XXXPRD2';

      add database 'XXXPRD2R' as connect identifier is 'XXXPRD2R' maintained as physical;



      enable configuration;





      ===============Script===================



      DGMGRL> show configuration



      Configuration - dg_XXXPRD2



      Protection Mode: MaxAvailability

      Databases:

      XXXPRD2 - Primary database

      XXXPRD2R - Physical standby database



      Fast-Start Failover: DISABLED



      Configuration Status:

      SUCCESS



      DGMGRL> SHOW DATABASE XXXPRD2

      Object "XXXPRD2" was not found

      DGMGRL> show database XXXPRD2R
      Object "XXXPRD2R" was not found


      -----------------------------------------------
        • 1. Re: Show Database Get "Object was not found"error
          mseberg
          Hello;

          What I have noticed is sometimes single quotes count and sometime they don't.

          Try :
          SHOW DATABASE 'XXXPRD2';
          Test
          Welcome to DGMGRL, type "help" for information.
          Connected.
          DGMGRL> show database standby
          Object "standby" was not found
          DGMGRL> show database 'standby';
          Object "standby" was not found
          DGMGRL> show database 'STANDBY';  
          
          Database - STANDBY
          
            Role:            PHYSICAL STANDBY
            Intended State:  APPLY-ON
            Transport Lag:   (unknown)
            Apply Lag:       
            Real Time Query: OFF
            Instance(s):
              STANDBY
          So getting the case matters too.
          DGMGRL> SHOW DATABASE STANDBY;
          Object "standby" was not found
          DGMGRL> 
          Best Regards

          mseberg

          Edited by: mseberg on Jan 18, 2013 2:21 PM
          • 2. Re: Show Database Get "Object was not found"error
            985823
            You are genius. It does work.

            Don't know why Oracle likes to create this kind of scary.

            Thank you so much.