This discussion is archived
5 Replies Latest reply: Jan 23, 2013 8:41 AM by Hussein Sawwan-Oracle RSS

Too many logical reads on HZ_GEOGRAPHIES

985871 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi ,

I am seeing the below huge logical reads on the HZ_GEOGRAPHIES table. Can you please suggest me what things i should look into.

we are using Apps 12.0.4 & Database 10g Enterprise Edition Release 10.2.0.5.0 - 64bi and running PMF module.

It is a two node architecture with db running on one node and CP,FORMS,admin , web on the other node.
The db node is having 4 CPUS and 8GB RAM which i suppose is very less and needs to be upgraded.

Owner     Tablespace Name     Object Name     Subobject Name     Obj. Type     Logical Reads     %Total
AR     APPS_TS_TX_DATA     HZ_GEOGRAPHIES          TABLE     2,132,201,408      92.28

Kindly provide your inputs and the checks i need to perform to get this application running smoothly.

Regards.

Edited by: Atif Apps on 21-Jan-2013 18:49
  • 1. Re: Too many logical reads on HZ_GEOGRAPHIES
    Hussein Sawwan-Oracle Employee ACE
    Atif Apps wrote:
    Hi ,

I am seeing the below huge logical reads on the HZ_GEOGRAPHIES table. Can you please suggest me what things i should look into.

we are using Apps 12.0.4 & Database 10g Enterprise Edition Release 10.2.0.5.0 - 64bi and running PMF module.

It is a two node architecture with db running on one node and CP,FORMS,admin , web on the other node.
    The db node is having 4 CPUS and 8GB RAM which i suppose is very less and needs to be upgraded.

Owner     Tablespace Name     Object Name     Subobject Name     Obj. Type     Logical Reads     %Total
    AR     APPS_TS_TX_DATA     HZ_GEOGRAPHIES          TABLE     2,132,201,408      92.28

Kindly provide your inputs and the checks i need to perform to get this application running smoothly.

Regards.
    This table cannot be purged -- http://etrm.oracle.com/pls/trm120/etrm_pnav.show_object?c_name=HZ_GEOGRAPHIES&c_owner=AR&c_type=TABLE

Do you have the statistics collected up to date?

Have you tried to rebuild the indexes and see if this helps?

Do you have the patch(es) mentioned in (Searching for "Parent Geography Name" does not work [ID 1286724.1]) applied?

Thanks,
    Hussein
  • 2. Re: Too many logical reads on HZ_GEOGRAPHIES
    985871 Newbie
    Hussein ,

Many thanks for your support . I shall check the same and get back to you . In the meantime can you let me know if the architecture and the hardware is enough for this PMF application as mentioned as i am seeing a frequent increase in the CPU utilization( 90 - 97%).

There are approx 261 apps users and size of db is 800GB.

on an average we have 300 sessions at a given time.

Regards,
    Atif
  • 3. Re: Too many logical reads on HZ_GEOGRAPHIES
    Please see these links.

Re: Questioner to size the new database
    https://forums.oracle.com/forums/search.jspa?threadID=&q=hardware+AND+requirements&objID=c3&dateRange=all&userID=&numResults=15&rankBy=10001

Thanks,
    Hussein
  • 4. Re: Too many logical reads on HZ_GEOGRAPHIES
    985871 Newbie
    Hi Hussein ,

Unfortunately most of the links are expired and i am not able to locate a particular document which can really help me to check if my architecture and the resources are as per the standards of oracle. Can you please let me know if raising an SR help here .

Regards,
    Atif
  • 5. Re: Too many logical reads on HZ_GEOGRAPHIES
    Atif,

If the links did not help, then please log a SR (as you mentioned above) and see if Oracle support would help.

Thanks,
    Hussein

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points