2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 20, 2013 9:19 PM by Joe Huang-Oracle RSS

Facing problem to display the content in Android Emulator of my mobile app

idmr2
      Hi All,
      I have developed an adf mobile application as in the following and i successfully deployed my app in android emulator.....

Link i have used to create basic mobile App ------------ http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E18941_01/tutorials/MobileTutorial/jdtut_11r2_54_2.html

Problem :
      i can view my app in android emulator.......but if i open it i am getting a blank (white) screen in emulator......i don't know wat's happening.

Can any one please help me to solve this problem.........

Regards,
      Nani
        • 1. Re: Facing problem to display the content in Android Emulator of my mobile app
          Timo Hahn
          Have you tried to deeply it on a real Android device?
          The emulator is known to be not the best :(

Timo
          • 2. Re: Facing problem to display the content in Android Emulator of my mobile app
            Joe Huang-Oracle
            Hi,

Yes Android emulator is very problematic, and there are certain out of box emulator configurations that would not even start up on a reasonably powerful PC.

What works typically for me is to use an emulator built using SDK version 15 or 16 - for some reason, the Android SDK API level's emulators are much more problematic than before. There are some configurations (for example Nexus 7 tab) that simply hangs when trying to start it using default RAM allocation. After reducing it to 512, I can start it but then I can't start app. With older version of the emulator, if I set the RAM to say 512, generally the emulator will start and the app will also start (although very slowly).

Unfortunately this is an Android issue, and there is very little ADF Mobile can do.

In short, if possible please deploy to a device, and also please remember to deploy in release mode when you don't need to debug the app, as performance difference is very great. There are some articles on how to compile Android app in release mode. This may also help with your Android deployment. https://blogs.oracle.com/shay/entry/speed_up_adf_mobile_deployment

Thanks,

Joe Huang