3 Replies Latest reply: Jan 21, 2013 4:05 PM by A.Ebenezer RSS

How to access to the application express ora XE 11g

Hi folks

I'm new to the oracles techology so bear with me please,
      I activated the HR account from the SQL command line, and when I try to login in the Application express APEX as HR then it required the workspace the image below explain more the issue please open the link below
      http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=131439Untitled.png

So it requires the workspace that I didn't know actually, I created a new user with a new workspace to test however I faced the same issue. I tried HR as workspace same issue I can't figure out what to do even when I browsed the oracle site I never get the right way to login as HR.
      So please provide me beginner a step by step walkthrought to login into the application express of the HR account

Thank you
        • 1. Re: How to access to the application express ora XE 11g
          A.Ebenezer
          Hi,

Welcome to the OTN Forum !!!

Creating User(Schema) in Database is different from creating user in Apex..

For creating users and workspace in Apex,you need to login as admin user and then you can create users with their resp. workspace and schema...

Here is the link for you to start learning Apex in more easy way.. http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/developer-tools/apex/application-express/apex-getting-started-1863613.html

Regards
          Augus
          • 2. Re: How to access to the application express ora XE 11g
            Thank you for the responding to my thread

I'll some peoples of other forums advised me to use TOAD for oracle and I'm discovering it, do you recommand TOAD for a developer

Thank you
            • 3. Re: How to access to the application express ora XE 11g
              A.Ebenezer
              982902 wrote:
              I'll some peoples of other forums advised me to use TOAD for oracle and I'm discovering it, do you recommand TOAD for a developer
              Hi, TOAD is equally good tool for developers but you have to pay for it, on other hand Oracle provides some of tools like Sql Developer,Apex for free and apex has lot more functionality comparing with other tools and it has a good learning sites and forums where you can clarify your doubts with experts and sometimes with maker of the software also..And its up with you which one you like and comfortable with or what your work environment prefers to use.
              Thank you