7 Replies Latest reply: Jan 24, 2013 12:35 PM by 961125 RSS

database schema for database DBAT connector

hello experts,

Please help me with is:
      OIM 11g R1, OIM 11g database installed on win 32 platform on the same machine( for learning purpose)

I want to connect OIM with db(as target system), and I have downloaded a DBAT connector. Kindly suggest me how to create a new schema in database so that i can connect it to OIM, and perform provisioning or some operations, any other information regarding this would be of great help.

Regards,
      KK
        • 1. Re: database schema for database DBAT connector
          hello experts,

I have created in a new schema and while creating GTC for provisioning operation am getting the following exception in server logs:

at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:178)
          Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Listener refused the connection with the following error:
          ORA-12505, TNS:listener does not currently know of SID given in connect descriptor

and error in web page was:A problem occurred during metadata detection. Check the server logs for more information.

parameters that were used
          driver=oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver
          URL = jdbc:oracle:thin:192.168.1.2:1521:OIMDB

kindly suggest

Edited by: 958122 on Jan 21, 2013 1:24 AM

Edited by: 958122 on Jan 21, 2013 1:32 AM
          • 2. Re: database schema for database DBAT connector
            Kevin Pinsky
            JDBC URL FORMAT:
            jdbc:oracle:thin:@//<host>:<port>/ServiceName
            or
            jdbc:oracle:thin:@<host>:<port>:<SID>

-Kevin
            • 3. Re: database schema for database DBAT connector
              hello experts
              I have to create a sample provisioning process, and I have created a database GTC. please help...

regards,
              KK
              • 4. Re: database schema for database DBAT connector
                Rajiv Dewan
                Which GTC you have created Provisioning or Reconciliation ?

Create a GTC and Select Provisioning while creation.
                When you are done with GTC creation, it will create Resource, Process Definition , Process Forms etc.
                Try to provision user into that Resource (GTC) and verify the results.
                • 5. Re: database schema for database DBAT connector
                  I have created a GTC only for provisioning. Can you please explain what will be the flow of steps from now onwards??
                  And on the internet I have found in case of GTC you dont need to create a resource object, kindly tell on what cases do we need to create R.O for provisionig process.(like what is the difference between provisioning process made by using RO or provisionig process made by using GTC)

Kindly suggest...

Regards,
                  KK
                  • 6. Re: database schema for database DBAT connector
                    Rajiv Dewan
                    In case of GTC, you don't need to create any RO, Process Definition. All these components will be created by GTC Automatically.

Create GTC
                    Start Testing

http://www.oracle.com/webfolder/technetwork/tutorials/obe/fmw/oim/10.1.4/oim/obe14_using_gtc_for_provisioning/integrating_oracle_identity_manager_and_oracle_database.htm
                    • 7. Re: database schema for database DBAT connector
                      hi,

Due to some problem, I have to modify the connector but while doing the same getting this error:

Jan 25, 2013 12:01:43 AM IST> <Error> <HTTP> <BEA-101017> <[ServletContext@5205
                      693[app:oim module:xlWebApp path:/xlWebApp spec-version:2.5 version:11.1.1.3.0]
                      Root cause of ServletException.
                      avax.servlet.jsp.JspException: Missing message for key "creategenconnector.butt
                      n.modify" in bundle "(default bundle)" for locale en_US
                      at org.apache.struts.taglib.bean.MessageTag.doStartTag(MessageTag.java:2
                      3)
                      at jsp_servlet._gc.__connectormappingtiles._jsp__tag67(__connectormappin
                      tiles.java:2912)
                      at jsp_servlet._gc.__connectormappingtiles._jspService(__connectormappin
                      tiles.java:605)
                      at weblogic.servlet.jsp.JspBase.service(JspBase.java:34)
                      at weblogic.servlet.internal.StubSecurityHelper$ServletServiceAction.run
                      StubSecurityHelper.java:227)
                      Truncated. see log file for complete stacktrace

Jan 25, 2013 12:01:43 AM IST> <Notice> <Diagnostics> <BEA-320068> <Watch 'Unche
                      kedException' with severity 'Notice' on server 'oim_server1' has triggered at J
                      n 25, 2013 12:01:43 AM IST. Notification details:
                      atchRuleType: Log
                      atchRule: (SEVERITY = 'Error') AND ((MSGID = 'WL-101020') OR (MSGID = 'WL-10101
                      ') OR (MSGID = 'WL-000802') OR (MSGID = 'BEA-101020') OR (MSGID = 'BEA-101017')
                      OR (MSGID = 'BEA-000802'))
                      atchData: DATE = Jan 25, 2013 12:01:43 AM IST SERVER = oim_server1 MESSAGE = [S
                      rvletContext@52051693[app:oim module:xlWebApp path:/xlWebApp spec-version:2.5 v
                      rsion:11.1.1.3.0]] Root cause of ServletException.
                      avax.servlet.jsp.JspException: Missing message for key "creategenconnector.butt
                      n.modify" in bundle "(default bundle)" for locale en_US
                      at org.apache.struts.taglib.bean.MessageTag.doStartTag(MessageTag.java:2
                      3)
                      at jsp_servlet._gc.__connectormappingtiles._jsp__tag67(__connectormappin

tiles.java:2912)

Regards,
                      KK