2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 22, 2013 5:00 AM by byrne_wayne RSS

Open source for developing automation which can accomdate forms & pages R12

Aswath
      Hi Experts !

I am looking for an open source/free ware which would be able to automate both forms and pages in R12 version. I have done some R&D and found tools which are supporting only forms or only web pages. My requirement would need both tasks in one tool.

Request you to guide me/post tools which would help me

Thanks !
      SK
        • 1. Re: Open source for developing automation which can accomdate forms & pages R12
          Aswath
          Hi Experts ! request you all to throw light on my query

Thanks !
          SK
          • 2. Re: Open source for developing automation which can accomdate forms & pages R12
            byrne_wayne
            Hi,

Okay, so you want an opensource i.e. free testing tool which tests both web pages and oracle forms...correct?

I think you are asking a lot of the opensource community here. Automating the testing of static i.e. 'Normal' web pages is sort of trivial, and there are plenty of tools out there that support this. (Google is great for this).

As for testing Oracle Forms....that is a different story. If you understand the underlying technology i.e. nca, then you will realise that the tool has to marshal/demarshal the nca calls, which is a tricky business (and I'm not going into detail here, as it would cover a few pages). I doubt that anyone would give this solution away for free.

Fortunately, OpenScript, which is part of the Oracle Application Testing Suite (OATS), handles this functionality seemlessly i.e. web and forms pages, without the use of additional third party tools, and complicated Java runtime environments (JRE), so maybe you should have a quick look at the tool.

Regards

Wayne.