2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 10, 2013 7:17 PM by IndianDBA

Remotely connecting to Database using OEM

IndianDBA
      I have a 11.2.0.1 Database installed with ASM on VMware (guest) .... i can able open and manage the OEM DB Control from the same guest machine.

Is it possible to open this guest machines OEM Database Control from my host(windows 7) ?

i have tried by adding a tns entry in host machine, but not able to access(error: "This page is not available"). i can able to connect from host to guest db(sqlplus user/passwd@tns, works fine)

Regards.
      AB
        • 1. Re: Remotely connecting to Database using OEM
          Rajesh Lathwal
          IndianDBA wrote:
          I have a 11.2.0.1 Database installed with ASM on VMware (guest) .... i can able open and manage the OEM DB Control from the same guest machine.

Is it possible to open this guest machines OEM Database Control from my host(windows 7) ?
          Yes , it is possible to access it from other machines provided you have network connectivity to host where dbcontrol is running.
          >
          i have tried by adding a tns entry in host machine, but not able to access(error: "This page is not available"). i can able to connect from host to guest db(sqlplus user/passwd@tns, works fine)
          What is the error message you are getting through browser ?

Rgds
          Rajesh
          • 2. Re: Remotely connecting to Database using OEM
            IndianDBA
            Sorry for the delay in the reply .... i am getting error as "This webpage is not available" under Crome. and "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" in IE.
            I have connectivity and Database connection string also works well.

Regards.