This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Jan 25, 2013 8:07 AM by user794352 RSS

Reporting Information Stores

user794352 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Is there a way to generate a report that shows the entities and attributes that are mapped to an information store and/or structure and/or data flow? I cannot find the data in the reporting repository schema and this is rather limiting. I'm using it to model and as-is process for a customer where there are several spreadsheets being populated by manual process. I have mapped these to a logical representation of the data and modelled them as Information Stores but cannot include their content in a report as required by the customer.

I am using SQL Dev DM 3.3 (Early Adopter)

Edited by: user794352 on Jan 21, 2013 4:04 AM
  • 1. Re: Reporting Information Stores
    Dimitar Slavov Journeyer
    Hi,

Did you checked DMRS_PROCESS_ATTRIBUTES and DMRS_PROCESS_ENTITIES ?
    Data should be there.
  • 2. Re: Reporting Information Stores
    user794352 Newbie
    Thanks. I take it that it can only done by inference then - all attributes in processes that output to the Information Store are assumed, together, to define the content of an Information Store?

This requires that a process only outputs to one store.

Any plans to enhance the available reporting to cover data flow diagrams and their contents better? It would be great to cross reference DFD components to logical model objects in a more usable way.

Thanks for prompt response.
  • 3. Re: Reporting Information Stores
    Philip Stoyanov Guru
    Hi,

thanks for reporting the problem - I logged a bug on mapping between attributes and info structures not being exported to repository.
    all attributes in processes that output to the Information Store are assumed, together, to define the content of an Information Store?
    more precisely - all attributes in incoming and outgoing flows for that store. So there is no restriction process to outputs to only one store.
    You can collect attributes in Info store using DMRS_FLOWS(SOURCE_OVID,DESTINATION_OVID,FLOW_OVID),DMRS_INFO_STORES(INFO_STORE_OVID) and DMRS_PROCESS_ATTRIBUTES(Flow_OVID)
    It would be great to cross reference DFD components to logical model objects in a more usable way
    Usage of attributes in incoming and outgoing flows (and related processes) is included in predefined entities report - and it's based on information in DMRS_PROCESS_ATTRIBUTES table

Philip
  • 4. Re: Reporting Information Stores
    user794352 Newbie
    Thanks. I cannot see attributes in flows in the standard entity details reports. It just shows the mapping of entity to process and to incoming and outgoing flows, not at attribute level
    Mark

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points