This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Mar 13, 2013 6:43 AM by Anandraj RSS

JMX Connectivity Issue for managed servers in a cluster

986101 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi all,

I have weblogic 12c installed with 1 Admin Server (port 7007) and 3 Clustered Managed Servers (ports 7009, 7010, 7011).
Oracle HTTP Server 11g as front END proxy server to do load balancing on this cluster.

My client EAR runs on cluster and node monitoring EAR runs on Admin Server.

I need to configure each of these managed servers as nodes in the client monitoring application. In-order to do that i need access to JMX port for each of these manages servers.

As per oracle documentation which i have gone through, JMX is auto enabled (am quite not sure about this) on any server created for weblogic domains. So, I am using below URLs to connect to each of the managed servers through my client app by providing the admin console credentials to connect to these nodes.

MS1 : service:jmx:t3://hostname:7009/jndi/weblogic.management.mbeanservers.runtime
MS2 : service:jmx:t3://hostname:7010/jndi/weblogic.management.mbeanservers.runtime
MS3 : service:jmx:t3://hostname:7011/jndi/weblogic.management.mbeanservers.runtime

I am getting below mentioned exception when i try to access the configured node from my client.

In admin server logs:
<Warning> <JMX> <BEA-149504> <The Administration Server was unable to establish JMX Connectivity with the Node3 at the JMX Service URL of
service:jmx:t3://hostname:7011/jndi/weblogic.management.mbeanservers.runtime.>

In my client monitoring application user interface
MSG:

Cannot connect to the server with specified settings
Unable to resolve 'weblogic.management.mbeanservers.domainruntime'. Resolved 'weblogic.management.mbeanservers'

Stack Trace:

com.pega.jmx.ui.util.JMXClientException: Cannot connect to the server with specified settings Unable to resolve 'weblogic.management.mbeanservers.domainruntime'. Resolved 'weblogic.management.mbeanservers'
     at com.pega.jmx.ui.util.JMXClientException.wrap(JMXClientException.java:49)
     at com.pega.jmx.ui.action.AuthenticateAction.execute(AuthenticateAction.java:302)
     at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processActionPerform(RequestProcessor.java:484)
     at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:274)
     at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1480)
     at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doGet(ActionServlet.java:506)
     at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:731)
     at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:844)
     at weblogic.servlet.internal.StubSecurityHelper$ServletServiceAction.run(StubSecurityHelper.java:242)
     at weblogic.servlet.internal.StubSecurityHelper$ServletServiceAction.run(StubSecurityHelper.java:216)
     at weblogic.servlet.internal.StubSecurityHelper.invokeServlet(StubSecurityHelper.java:132)
     at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.execute(ServletStubImpl.java:338)
     at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.execute(ServletStubImpl.java:221)
     at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext$ServletInvocationAction.wrapRun(WebAppServletContext.java:3284)
     at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext$ServletInvocationAction.run(WebAppServletContext.java:3254)
     at weblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubject.doAs(AuthenticatedSubject.java:321)
     at weblogic.security.service.SecurityManager.runAs(SecurityManager.java:120)
     at weblogic.servlet.provider.WlsSubjectHandle.run(WlsSubjectHandle.java:57)
     at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.doSecuredExecute(WebAppServletContext.java:2163)
     at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.securedExecute(WebAppServletContext.java:2089)
     at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.execute(WebAppServletContext.java:2074)
     at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.run(ServletRequestImpl.java:1513)
     at weblogic.servlet.provider.ContainerSupportProviderImpl$WlsRequestExecutor.run(ContainerSupportProviderImpl.java:254)
     at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:256)
     at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:221)
Caused by: java.lang.Exception: Cannot connect to the server with specified settings Unable to resolve 'weblogic.management.mbeanservers.domainruntime'. Resolved 'weblogic.management.mbeanservers'
     at com.pega.jmx.connection.managenodes.WLSJMXRemoteConnection.acquireConnection(WLSJMXRemoteConnection.java:68)
     at com.pega.jmx.connection.managenodes.Node.getMBeanServerConnection(Node.java:405)
     at com.pega.jmx.ui.action.AuthenticateAction.execute(AuthenticateAction.java:142)
     ... 23 more

I am kind of stuck at this point and would need some assistance to fix this issue ASAP.

Can anyone help me out in how to enable JMX (port) for each of the managed server and also how to define specific credentials to access that JMX for monitoring the applications on each of my managed servers.

Thanks in advance,
Revanth

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points