This content has been marked as final. Show 3 replies
If I understood your requirement,
You are basically trying to default two LOV values based on one. Also, you have the feature to add the rows in the table, and then probably you will be doing a save to save all these information into some table.
Now few things, which in my opinion you should check are these.
1) There should be a VO say NewVO1 which would be linked to your table.
2) As soon as you select the first LOV of first record, you should generate/capture a PrimaryKey.
3) Create a row in the NewVO1 and set the attributes for PK and other LOVs.
4) Similarly, keep on adding the new rows and keep setting the attributes and on click of SAVE button issue a commit.
I hope this might help you to achive your requirement.
Let me know, if my understanding of your prob is not correct.
Thanks for quick response.
Let me give my REQ in detail.
Mine is a stadard page (maintainence user RESP -----stores----one step material issue PAGE) . have 3 LOVs .MATERIAL,SUBINVENTORY ,LOCATOR.
SUBINVENTORY ,LOCATOR. -----------these two i have made read only.
MATERIAL lov itself displays SUBINVENTORY ,LOCATOR also.
So which ever material (say M1) is user is selecting, the corrosponding SUBINVENTORY ( M1-Sub) ,LOCATOR (M1-Loc) should by default come in SUBINVENTORY ,LOCATOR fields which i have made read only.
Similarly when user is selecteing M2 then, corrosponding SUBINVENTORY ( M2-Sub) ,LOCATOR (M2-Loc) should by default come in SUBINVENTORY ,LOCATOR. which i have made read only.
Here iam getting M1 , M1-Sub , M1-Loc properly
But when iam clicking M2 , iam getting M2 , M2-Sub , M2-Loc .BUT at the same time iam loosing M1-Sub , M1-Loc (these 2 fileds are disappering)
for M3 iam loosing M2-Sub , M2-Loc.
for M4 iam loosing M3-Sub , M3-Loc.
this is the issue . plz help .
You might have three lov maps already for Material Lov field
1. Material Lov Map
2. SubInventory Lov Map
3. Locator Lov Map
Add two more lov maps in Material Lov field like below
1. Add two form value fields for subinventory & locator separately namely SubinventoryFrmVal & LocatorFrmVal.
2. Give same view attribute as subinventory & locator for the form value fields as well.
3. Add lov map from material field to this form values also. This will retain values in the read only field.
You will already have two maps like below:
<lovMap id="lovMap2" lovItem="Subinventory" resultTo="SubinventoryLov"/>
<lovMap id="lovMap2" lovItem="Locator" resultTo="LocatorLov"/>
Add the below two as well:
<lovMap id="lovMap3" lovItem="Subinventory" resultTo="SubinventoryFrmVal"/>
<lovMap id="lovMap3" lovItem="Locator" resultTo="LocatorFrmVal"/>
This has worked for me.. Try and let me know.