3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 22, 2013 3:20 PM by Durgaprasad

How to allow user to connect to Design Console in OIM11gR2?

adr
      Hello,

I want to allow a developer user to connect to Design Console.
      I'm using OIM11gR2.

I know that the user must be a System Administrator (that is ok)
      I know that the "Xellerate Type" must be "End-User Administrator" and not "End-User" (here is my problem)

But, in OIM11gR2 I don't see how to set this value through OIM web console.

The User's Guide chapter 11.1.1 OIM Account (link below) speaks of Design Console Access attribute, but I don't see it in OIM web console.

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E27559_01/user.1112/e27151/usr_mangmnt.htm#BGBEJGCJ

So, other than updating directly the table USR.USR_TYPE via SQL, what are my options?

Thanks,
      Adriano.
        • 1. Re: How to allow user to connect to Design Console in OIM11gR2?
          Durgaprasad
          There is no Design Console Access attribute in user creation page in OIM 11gR2. It is in 11gR1 as you said.

goto-> organization-> search and select Top organization-> open detail page-> click on Admin Role-> select Adminrole(System Administrator) -> click on Assign button-> select user and add it-> finally click on okay.

Now restart the OIM Managed server alone and check once.

I dont think this will alone provide design console access. But check once. If access is not there then update USR_TYPE in USR table.

Still if u dont have access restart the OIM server again and after that you will have design console access.

As design console access is required for only few people in an organization it is fine to change the value in dB as of now till Oracle provides some other method in the docs.
          • 2. Re: How to allow user to connect to Design Console in OIM11gR2?
            adr
            Hello Durgaprasad,

It means that for the moment there is no proper way of achieving this without having to manipulate the database directly?

Thanks
            Adriano.
            • 3. Re: How to allow user to connect to Design Console in OIM11gR2?
              Durgaprasad
              Hi Adriano,

As far as i know there is no other way without manipulating the dB. I will let u know if i come across any other way or you can do some research if at all you need. But there is no prob in manipulating the dB for one or two users who need design console access.

Regards,
              Durgaprasad