1 Reply Latest reply: Jan 22, 2013 8:36 AM by Mihael RSS

rman backup piece on symbolic link

hi,

i am on database version 11gR1 on Linux. Due to some space issue i had to move some of the backup pieces to different location that it was originally taken during RMAN backup.

During restoration, i have created Soft link to those backup pieces. ie. out of some 80 backup pieces, i have created sim link for 5 to 6 backp pieces. The bakup size is approx 700GB.

But looks like RMAN is not recognizing the sym link. Is there any alternative way ?
        • 1. Re: rman backup piece on symbolic link
          Mihael
          i am on database version 11gR1 on Linux. Due to some space issue i had to move some of the backup pieces to different location that it was originally taken during RMAN backup.

During restoration, i have created Soft link to those backup pieces. ie. out of some 80 backup pieces, i have created sim link for 5 to 6 backp pieces. The bakup size is approx 700GB.

But looks like RMAN is not recognizing the sym link. Is there any alternative way ?
          use "CHANGE ... UNCATALOG" to uncatalog pieces and "CATALOG" to catalog them in new location