14 Replies Latest reply on Jan 26, 2013 3:03 AM by Hussein Sawwan-Oracle

Unable to launch forms after fresh installation of 12.1.1

Hi,

I have installed fresh production installation of Oracle Applications 12.1.1 on my laptop using oracle virtual box. Everything is working fine, i am able to connect to the URL from my host machine i.e Windows 7 with IE 8 browser. Able to login and navigate through HTML pages. However, when i try to launch forms , it has downloaded the java plug in and then IE crashes saying Internet explorer has stopped working. I could not find any error messages. It also says that "Applet oracle/apps/fnd/formsClient/FormsLauncher inited".

Need help to resolve this.

Thanks .
      Karthika
        • 1. Re: Unable to launch forms after fresh installation of 12.1.1
          Srini Chavali-Oracle
          Pl confirm you meet all of the requirements in this MOS Doc

Recommended Browsers for Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12 [ID 389422.1]

What is the OS version running on the VM ?

HTH
          Srini
          • 2. Re: Unable to launch forms after fresh installation of 12.1.1
            Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
            983523 wrote:
            Hi,

I have installed fresh production installation of Oracle Applications 12.1.1 on my laptop using oracle virtual box. Everything is working fine, i am able to connect to the URL from my host machine i.e Windows 7 with IE 8 browser. Able to login and navigate through HTML pages. However, when i try to launch forms , it has downloaded the java plug in and then IE crashes saying Internet explorer has stopped working. I could not find any error messages. It also says that "Applet oracle/apps/fnd/formsClient/FormsLauncher inited".

Need help to resolve this.

Thanks .
            Karthika
            Are you using any VPN/Proxy?

11i: "java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: oracle.apps.fnd.formsClient.FormsLauncher.class" Error in Java Console When Launching Forms [ID 1450266.1]
            Can't Launch Forms in E-Business when accessed via VPN: Formslauncher Notinited [ID 471120.1
            FormsLauncher.class Not Found Error When Attempting to Access Forms in Applications [ID 291698.1]

Can you reproduce the issue with any other browser (Firefox) and see if it works?

Can you find any errors in the application.log file?

Thanks,
            Hussein
            • 3. Re: Unable to launch forms after fresh installation of 12.1.1
              Hi Srini,

I have checked the document [ID 389422.1],

My Host OS is Windows 7 , 64-bit and IE version is 8. JRE installed in 12.1.1 is 1..6.0_07 i.e it meets the requirement -- JRE 1.6.0_03 and higher
              sun_plugin_version=1.6.0_07

OS on Virtual box is - Oracle Enterprise Linux 6.2 - 32bit

Also changed the IE settings as below and added the url in Trusted sites too. Still getting the same issue.

Tools / Internet options
              2.Security tab -> Trusted Sites
              3.Click on Custom level... button
              4.scroll to the end and find "Enable XSS filter" option (3rd from the bottom)
              5.set it to Disable

Please let me know , if i am missing something or how to go further.

Thanks
              Karthika
              • 4. Re: Unable to launch forms after fresh installation of 12.1.1
                Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                Karthika,
                I have checked the document [ID 389422.1],

My Host OS is Windows 7 , 64-bit and IE version is 8. JRE installed in 12.1.1 is 1..6.0_07 i.e it meets the requirement -- JRE 1.6.0_03 and higher
                sun_plugin_version=1.6.0_07

OS on Virtual box is - Oracle Enterprise Linux 6.2 - 32bit
                With OEL 6.x you need to complete the steps under "Upgrade Oracle Database and Oracle Application Server (Oracle Linux 6 and RHEL 6 only)" section in (Oracle E-Business Suite Installation and Upgrade Notes Release 12 (12.1.1) for Linux x86 [ID 761564.1])
                Also changed the IE settings as below and added the url in Trusted sites too. Still getting the same issue.

Tools / Internet options
                2.Security tab -> Trusted Sites
                3.Click on Custom level... button
                4.scroll to the end and find "Enable XSS filter" option (3rd from the bottom)
                5.set it to Disable

Please let me know , if i am missing something or how to go further.
                This is correct and nothing is missing in this part.

Please review the doc referenced above for the upgrade steps you need to complete.

Or, install OEL/RHEL 5 to avoid this upgrade.

Thanks,
                Hussein
                • 5. Re: Unable to launch forms after fresh installation of 12.1.1
                  Hi Hussein,

Are you using any VPN/Proxy?
                  -- No , I have configured my windows 7 (Host Machine) to connect to oracle by adding the ip address and host.domain details in c:/windows/system32/drivers/etc/hosts file.
                  -- Made the ip address of the linux machine in virtual box as static
                  -- Disabled the firewalll in the linux machine.

Can you reproduce the issue with any other browser (Firefox) and see if it works?
                  -- I have tried to open the forms in mozilla firefox. However, it always prompts me to download the sun java plug in and never launches the forms.

Can you find any errors in the application.log file?
                  --Found the below errors:

13/01/23 14:11:30.419 10.1.3.4.0 Started
                  13/01/23 14:11:44.116 html: 10.1.3.4.0 Started
                  13/01/23 14:47:39.297 html: oracle.apps.fnd.security.LeakDetectionFilter.initialized:1358974059297
                  13/01/23 14:47:39.297 html: LeakSetting:
                  global:true,session:false,aggressive:false,stderr:false,appslog:false,corelog:false
                  ignoring:null
                  13/01/23 14:48:08.766 html: Broken pipe
                  13/01/23 14:48:08.767 html: Broken pipe
                  13/01/23 14:48:08.767 html: Servlet error
                  java.io.IOException: Broken pipe
                  at sun.nio.ch.FileDispatcher.write0(Native Method)
                  at sun.nio.ch.SocketDispatcher.write(SocketDispatcher.java:29)
                  at sun.nio.ch.IOUtil.writeFromNativeBuffer(IOUtil.java:104)
                  at sun.nio.ch.IOUtil.write(IOUtil.java:75)
                  at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.write(SocketChannelImpl.java:334)
                  at java.nio.channels.Channels.write(Channels.java:60)
                  at java.nio.channels.Channels.access$000(Channels.java:47)
                  at java.nio.channels.Channels$1.write(Channels.java:134)
                  at com.evermind.server.http.AJPOutputStream.endRequest(AJPOutputStream.java:117)
                  at com.evermind.server.http.AJPRequestHandler.run(AJPRequestHandler.java:317)
                  at com.evermind.server.http.AJPRequestHandler.run(AJPRequestHandler.java:199)
                  at oracle.oc4j.network.ServerSocketReadHandler$SafeRunnable.run(ServerSocketReadHandler.java:260)
                  at com.evermind.util.ReleasableResourcePooledExecutor$MyWorker.run(ReleasableResourcePooledExecutor.java:303)
                  at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

209,9 97%

Kindly review and help me with this.

Thanks
                  Karthika
                  • 6. Re: Unable to launch forms after fresh installation of 12.1.1
                    Hi Hussein,

Thankyou soomuch for the quick response. Refering the document ID 761564.1.
                    • 7. Re: Unable to launch forms after fresh installation of 12.1.1
                      Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                      13/01/23 14:48:08.767 html: Servlet error
                      java.io.IOException: Broken pipe
                      For this error, please see:

How to resolve Broken Pipe errors in E-Business Suite R12 ? [ID 1480156.1]
                      R12 Forms Slow performance / Freezes / Hangs for large # Record details using View -> Last -> Record [ID 1369830.1]
                      R12: Http Server Crashing Frequently With Segmentation Fault (NAS or SAN filesystem) [ID 732857.1]

Thanks,
                      Hussein
                      • 8. Re: Unable to launch forms after fresh installation of 12.1.1
                        Hussein,

Actually , my IE crashes while i try to launch forms giving the below error:
                        "internet explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close"
                        it also opens the java console. However, i am unable to see the messages inside it as it is not accessible and get the above message.

And in Mozilla, it always prompts to install the java plug-in.

Do i need to try the workarounds from the above notes and check the issue? Kindly confirm.

Thanks
                        Kartheeka.

Edited by: 983523 on Jan 23, 2013 7:11 PM
                        • 9. Re: Unable to launch forms after fresh installation of 12.1.1
                          Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                          Because of the OS version you are on, this installation is not certified/supported and you will need to upgrade the database and 10.1.3 ORACLE_HOMEs as mentioned in the installation doc before you start any troubleshooting.

I am not aware of any other workaround, and I have not seen any in the forum, so what I would suggest is one of the following:

- Reinstall the OS and EBS (OEL/RHEL 4/5)
                          - Upgrade the database to 11gR2 and Oracle Application Server 10gR3 to 10.1.3.5

Thanks,
                          Hussein
                          • 10. Re: Unable to launch forms after fresh installation of 12.1.1
                            KrishanG
                            Hi,

Could you pls check forms log :

.../logs/ora/10.1.2/forms/socket.log

If server side is ok and your forms services are fine then download java for windows7

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jdk6u38-downloads-1877406.html

Now most important part:

check your user profile security settings and group policies on your laptop , if you have installed your ERP application and database a user with admin priveleges it could cause problem on secuirty side.

Do you have screenshot with you when oracle database Installation you have done {was it a default (typical / custom)} as you must have change your domain entries into host file.

Regds
                            Krishan Gopal

Edited by: 945532 on 24-Jan-2013 09:21

Edited by: 945532 on 24-Jan-2013 09:21
                            • 11. Re: Unable to launch forms after fresh installation of 12.1.1
                              Hi Krishnan,

Thankyou for the response.

Could you pls check forms log :

Forms are in servlet mode, there is no socket.log file in the logs.

All the forms services are running fine, no issues at the server side.

--------------------------------------------------------------+---------
                              ias-component | process-type | pid | status
                              --------------------------------------------------------------+---------
                              OC4JGroup:default_group | OC4J:oafm | 2823 | Alive
                              OC4JGroup:default_group | OC4J:forms | 2757 | Alive
                              OC4JGroup:default_group | OC4J:oacore | 2677 | Alive
                              HTTP_Server | HTTP_Server | 2627 | Alive

If server side is ok and your forms services are fine then download java for windows7
                              http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jdk6u38-downloads-1877406.html

There is no java download available for windows7.

Now most important part:

check your user profile security settings and group policies on your laptop , if you have installed your ERP application and database a user with admin priveleges it could cause problem on secuirty side.

Sorry, could not understand this. How to check the user profile settings and group policies? can you please give me the navigation steps. I have installed the virtual box on windows and then on the virtualbox installed linux and 12.1.1 on that.

+Do you have screenshot with you when oracle database Installation you have done {was it a default (typical / custom)} as you must have change your domain entries into host file.+

Unfortunately, i don't have the screen shot of my installation, i have opted for fresh database i.e PROD while installing 12.1.1

Thanks
                              Karthika
                              • 12. Re: Unable to launch forms after fresh installation of 12.1.1
                                Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                                I do not believe this is related. What security issues you are referring to? If you are accessing the application as the same OS user that you used for the installation then there should be no issues with opening forms.

Thanks,
                                Hussein
                                • 13. Re: Unable to launch forms after fresh installation of 12.1.1
                                  Hi,

While running $ORACLE_HOME/appsutil/clone/adlnktools.sh script after doing below as per the document : ID 761564.1

++++++++++++
                                  Patch AS 10g (10.1.2 and 10.1.3) Oracle Homes (Oracle Linux 6 and RHEL 6 only)

After installation, users must update the stub libraries in the 10.1.2 and 10.1.3 Oracle Homes by installing the patch 12415211.

Users must specifically copy the files in the patch to the specified directories as follows for the 10.1.2 Oracle Home:

$ cd <12.1_INSTALL_DIR>/apps/tech_st/10.1.2/lib
                                  $ cp -p -R stubs stubsORIG
                                  $ cd stubs
                                  $ cp <PATCH_INSTALL_DIR>/12415211/files/lib/stubs/libgcc_s-2.3.2-stub.so .
                                  $ ln -s libgcc_s-2.3.2-stub.so libgcc_s.so.1
                                  $ ln -s libgcc_s.so.1 libgcc_s.so

++++++++++++++++

getting below error:

Linking /home/oracle/PROD/apps/tech_st/10.1.2/precomp/lib/proc
                                  /usr/lib/gcc/i686-redhat-linux/4.4.6/libgcc_s.so: undefined reference to `__stack_chk_fail@GLIBC_2.4'
                                  collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
                                  /bin/chmod: cannot access `/home/oracle/PROD/apps/tech_st/10.1.2/precomp/lib/proc': No such file or directory
                                  make: *** [home/oracle/PROD/apps/tech_st/10.1.2/precomp/lib/proc] Error 1
                                  Failed linking target relink on Fri Jan 25 20:02:13 CST 2013...
                                  /home/oracle/PROD/apps/tech_st/10.1.2/precomp/lib
                                  /usr/lib/gcc/i686-redhat-linux/4.4.6/libgcc_s.so: undefined reference to `__stack_chk_fail@GLIBC_2.4'
                                  /bin/chmod: cannot access `/home/oracle/PROD/apps/tech_st/10.1.2/precomp/lib/proc': No such file or directory

tried doing below steps , still getting the same issue:

# unlink /usr/lib/libXtst.so.6
                                  # ln -s /usr/X11R6/lib/libXtst.so.6.1 /usr/lib/libXtst.so.6

Please suggest...

Thanks
                                  • 14. Re: Unable to launch forms after fresh installation of 12.1.1
                                    Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
                                    How To quick Deal with Relink, make, Failed on Linux ? Errors: bin/sh: /usr/bin/cc: cannot execute binary file. or undefined reference to `dl_iterate_phdr@GLIBC_x.x.y'. [ID 833732.1]
                                    Perl Adcfgclone.pl dbTechStack Failed While Relink /usr/lib/gcc/i386-redhat-linux/3.4.6/libgcc_s.so: undefined reference to`dl_iterate_phdr@GLIBC_2.2.4' [ID 417605.1]

What are the version of glibc, gcc packages you are on?

Thanks,
                                    Hussein