This discussion is archived
1 Reply Latest reply: Jan 23, 2013 3:01 AM by VC RSS

Can't detect browser language initially when the page is loaded

986557 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Guys can you please help me with my problem with APEX.

I set SPANISH (es) as my application primary language under Globalization Attributes and set Application Language Derived From as browser (use browser language preference). I set my browser (I am using internet explorer) to English (en).

I seeded, published, downloaded xliff, translated, uploaded, published my English translation

However, when I started to load the page, it does not translate to english.

Is there any points that I have missed?

What is want is: When the page is loaded, it will detect the browser language setting and apply it to my whole pages as I browse it.

Also in my page is a language change buttons "English", "Spanish", "German", that when clicked, will translate to other languages

Please somebody give me an advice.

Edited by: 983554 on Jan 22, 2013 8:53 PM
  • 1. Re: Can't detect browser language initially when the page is loaded
    VC Guru
    Currently Being Moderated
    sickLeave wrote:
    Guys can you please help me with my problem with APEX.

I set SPANISH (es) as my application primary language under Globalization Attributes and set Application Language Derived From as browser (use browser language preference). I set my browser (I am using internet explorer) to English (en).

I seeded, published, downloaded xliff, translated, uploaded, published my English translation

However, when I started to load the page, it does not translate to english.

Is there any points that I have missed?

What is want is: When the page is loaded, it will detect the browser language setting and apply it to my whole pages as I browse it.

Also in my page is a language change buttons "English", "Spanish", "German", that when clicked, will translate to other languages

Please somebody give me an advice.

Edited by: 983554 on Jan 22, 2013 8:53 PM
    What apex version?

Have you tried to debug your page and see what language its using?
    OR
    Is your page being cached?

Vikram

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points