3 Replies Latest reply: Jan 28, 2013 12:26 PM by Anuj Dwivedi-Oracle RSS

B2B-51507 The data starting at position 0 is not recognized as a valid tran

Hi;

We received from development an ECS file to support NCPDP Drug Claims. In addition to this, development provided us with three parser schema files and revised XERegistry.xml and Agreement.xml files to install.

We did this in our test environment and have tested with them for several months. Everything went fine. Over time we did revise the .ecs file to accommodate some trading partner requirements and regenerated the .xsd files as appropriate. We do not validate the files, only translate them into XML and pass them off to BPEL using the B2B AQ. No problems. Worked well. Happy Campers we were!

Now we are moving this into production.

The first issue is that the system couldn't find the trading partner agreements. When I set logging on I found that it was not identifying the "to_party" correctly. In test we have a file name set on the listening channel as %FROM_PARTY%_%DOCTYPE_REVISION%_%DOCTYPE_NAME% and had no problems identifying the "to_party" as DBHS which is what we've called ourselves. Just to force this I added the "to_party" to the file name making it %TO_PARTY%_%FROM_PARTY%_%DOCTYPE_REVISION%_%DOCTYPE_NAME% and re-named the files as appropriate. It is now able to identify the trading partner agreement.

However now we get the above error. I can run the same file into the development environment and it works. I have regenerated the .ecs and xsd files, re-installed them in the document, dropped and recreated everything and still it doesn't work. It's making me crazy.

Any ideas out there?

Regards, Ingrid
        • 1. Re: B2B-51507 The data starting at position 0 is not recognized as a valid tran
          Anuj Dwivedi-Oracle
          Ingrid,
          The first issue is that the system couldn't find the trading partner agreements. When I set logging on I found that it was not identifying the "to_party" correctly.
          Was it identifying to_party as one of the remote TP? Have you checked whether "internal" checkbox (under Channel Attributes) was enabled or not in the listening channel?
          Just to force this I added the "to_party" to the file name making it %TO_PARTY%_%FROM_PARTY%_%DOCTYPE_REVISION%_%DOCTYPE_NAME% and re-named the files as appropriate. It is now able to identify the trading partner agreement.
          This is forced identification which should have not been required. Better try to figure out the reason why it was not able to identify to_party.
          I can run the same file into the development environment and it works.
          It gives the clue. Can you cross-check -

1. Whether parser schema files are copied under $ORACLE_HOME/soa/thirdparty/edifecs/XEngine/config/schema and XERegistry.xml has correct entry for them (validate the path in XERegistry.xml and also cross-check the file and directory access). Make sure that servers were restarted after copying these files and it is a shared storage accessible by all the servers of the domain.

2. Download the Wire Message payload from B2B report and make sure that B2B is receiving the complete and correct file and there are no junk characters visible in the start/end of the payload.

Regards,
          Anuj
          • 2. Re: B2B-51507 The data starting at position 0 is not recognized as a valid tran
            Hi;

Yes, development provided the parsers and the new XERegistry.xml. They are installed as is in development. I compared all the files using using XMLSpy to make sure they were all the same.

I will do this: "Have you checked whether "internal" checkbox (under Channel Attributes) was enabled or not in the listening channel?" and make sure it matches what is in the development environment.

I did download the wire message and looked at it in Notepad++ it looks exactly like the one I dropped in. I have however seen the issue you described in another scenerio. I also have since it map only the header information into the XML and none of the data, but this is not getting that far.

Ingrid
            • 3. Re: B2B-51507 The data starting at position 0 is not recognized as a valid tran
              Anuj Dwivedi-Oracle
              Ingrid,

What about this -
              cross-check the file and directory access). Make sure that servers were restarted after copying these files and it is a shared storage accessible by all the servers of the domain.
              If setup is REALLY same as development then I don't see any reason why it won't work.

Regards,
              Anuj