This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Jan 23, 2013 11:06 PM by Mahendra RSS

Can we update Project PO after PO is closed?

986189 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Dear All,

I have one case here..

User Created Commitment as Requisition against the Project and by using Auto Create Feature he created PO based on Requisition finally Invoice also created against that PO and we interfaced that cost to PA.

Now user want to update price in PO but we are not able to do it.. what is the solutions for this case? please help me regards

My doubt is since we auto created this PO we are not able to update the price or even if we create Manual Project PO also can't we change the price on PO once it's closed?

Thanks
Bharath

Edited by: 983186 on Jan 23, 2013 2:54 AM
  • 1. Re: Can we updated Project PO after PO is closed?
    Mahendra Journeyer
    983186 wrote:
    Dear All,

I have one case here..

User Created Commitment as Requisition against the Project and by using Auto Create Feature he created PO based on Requisition finally Invoice also created against that PO and we interfaced that cost to PA.

Now user want to update price in PO but we are not able to do it.. what is the solutions for this case? please help me regards

My doubt is since we auto created this PO we are not able to update the price or even if we create Manual Project PO also can't we change the price on PO once it's closed?

Thanks
    Bharath
    I don't know whether project PO has a difference with core purchasing PO or not.
    But when the status of the PO is closed..you can update the price..which inturn creates a revision and will change to requires re approval.
    You can't change anything on a finally closed PO

can you open this PO from purchase order summary window? which is normally available in any PO super user resp

HTH
    Mahendra
  • 2. Re: Can we updated Project PO after PO is closed?
    986189 Newbie
    Hi Mahendra,

Thanks for your reply.. Yes am able to open the PO in summary window..

Regards
    Bharath
  • 3. Re: Can we updated Project PO after PO is closed?
    Mahendra Journeyer
    So are you not able to update the price then?

Mahendra

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points