2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 23, 2013 5:47 AM by tbrinkmann RSS

Opatch auto | Grid Infrastructure | root privileges.

tbrinkmann
      Hi,
      does anyone can help me understand the READ ME entry from PSU Januar 2013.

The Opatch utility has automated the patch application for the Oracle Grid Infrastructure (GI) home and the Oracle RAC database homes when run with root privileges. .....
      (README) --> Oracle Grid Infrastructure Patch Set Update 11.2.0.3.5 (Includes Database PSU 11.2.0.3.5) - 14727347

As root user, execute the following command on each node of the cluster:

OPatch failed with error code 255

????

Thanks *T                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   
        • 1. Re: Opatch auto | Grid Infrastructure | root privileges.
          Aman....
          tbrinkmann wrote:
          Hi,
          does anyone can help me understand the READ ME entry from PSU Januar 2013.

The Opatch utility has automated the patch application for the Oracle Grid Infrastructure (GI) home and the Oracle RAC database homes when run with root privileges. .....
          (README) --> Oracle Grid Infrastructure Patch Set Update 11.2.0.3.5 (Includes Database PSU 11.2.0.3.5) - 14727347
          That means you would be using a switch with Opatch auto and it would apply the patch on the GI and Oracle Homes automatically.

As root user, execute the following command on each node of the cluster:

OPatch failed with error code 255
          I think the command should be

#>opatch auto psu12013 -ocmrf OPatch/ocm/bin/ocm.rsp

Aman....
          • 2. Re: Opatch auto | Grid Infrastructure | root privileges.
            tbrinkmann
            grrr I hate these stupid mistakes .-)

Thanks a lot