This discussion is archived
9 Replies Latest reply: Mar 5, 2013 2:25 PM by Alf_URI RSS

Quick picks with sysdate

451054 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hello all

I'm using apex 4.2 and I'm trying to create a quick pick over a date field. Mostly this field will be filled with current date and sometimes the yesterday date.
I'd like to show 2 quick picks labels TODAY and YESTERDAY but I can't figure out what I put in value in order to return sysdate and sysdate-1.

Can someone help me?

Leo
  • 1. Re: Quick picks with sysdate
    VC Guru
    Currently Being Moderated
    I think you are trying to add dynamic quick pick(s)

    One way is to create two application items called TODAY and YESTERDAY, and create application process to populate them:
    :TODAY:= sysdate;
    :YESTERDAY := sysdate-1;
    And reference those application items in your quick pick settings using *&TODAY.* and *&YESTERDAY.*

    Cheers,
    Vikram
  • 2. Re: Quick picks with sysdate
    KeithMalay Explorer
    Currently Being Moderated
    Hi Leo,

    Here's a link to an available APEX Plugin to make quick picks dynamic:
    http://www.apex-plugin.com/oracle-apex-plugins/dynamic-action-plugin/dynamic-quick-picks_231.html

    And this link describes the steps involved in creating your own custom plugin to do the same thing if you're ever interested:
    http://orclapex.blogspot.com/2011/12/dynamic-quick-picks.html

    Hope this helps.

    Keith Malay
  • 3. Re: Quick picks with sysdate
    451054 Newbie
    Currently Being Moderated
    Application item attended what I need perfectly.
    I'll also take a look at this link.
    Thank you all very much.
    Leo
  • 4. Re: Quick picks with sysdate
    KeithMalay Explorer
    Currently Being Moderated
    Yep. The application_item solution works great for solving this also.

    Please award Helpful or Correct answers as this will help the answerer (VC), as well as, any other users viewing the post.

    Thanks.

    Keith Malay
  • 5. Re: Quick picks with sysdate
    Sc0tt Expert
    Currently Being Moderated
    Keith Malay wrote:
    Yep. The application_item solution works great for solving this also.

    Please award Helpful or Correct answers as this will help the answerer (VC), as well as, any other users viewing the post.

    Thanks.

    Keith Malay
    Other than boosting his ego and fake points, how does this help VC?
  • 6. Re: Quick picks with sysdate
    KeithMalay Explorer
    Currently Being Moderated
    Because boosting egos and gathering fake points are awesome!

    At a minimum it shows other users viewing the thread that the solution actually solved the problem posted.

    Keith
  • 7. Re: Quick picks with sysdate
    VC Guru
    Currently Being Moderated
    Sc0tt wrote:
    Keith Malay wrote:
    Yep. The application_item solution works great for solving this also.

    Please award Helpful or Correct answers as this will help the answerer (VC), as well as, any other users viewing the post.

    Thanks.

    Keith Malay
    Other than boosting his ego and fake points, how does this help VC?
    Sc0tt,

    Thanks for keeping my ego down ;)

    You are right it doesn't help me at all, doesn't even earn me a penny

    Cheers,
    Vikram Cherukuri
  • 8. Re: Quick picks with sysdate
    Sc0tt Expert
    Currently Being Moderated
    >
    Sc0tt,

    Thanks for keeping my ego down ;)

    You are right it doesn't help me at all, doesn't even earn me a penny

    Cheers,
    Vikram Cherukuri
    Just doing my part to keep everyone in check :) Have a good one :)
  • 9. Re: Quick picks with sysdate
    Alf_URI Newbie
    Currently Being Moderated
    VC wrote:
    I think you are trying to add dynamic quick pick(s)

    One way is to create two application items called TODAY and YESTERDAY, and create application process to populate them:
    :TODAY:= sysdate;
    :YESTERDAY := sysdate-1;
    And reference those application items in your quick pick settings using *&TODAY.* and *&YESTERDAY.*

    Cheers,
    Vikram
    VC,

    How do I reference application items in the quick pick settings using &TODAY. and &YESTERDAY. in APEX 4.2?

    Cheers
    Alf

    Edited by: Alf_URI on Mar 5, 2013 5:25 PM

Legend

  • Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points