1 Reply Latest reply: Mar 12, 2013 2:48 AM by 822857 RSS

BPM instance migration

Hi,

I have a question regarding bpm instance migration.

Since PS4FP BPM support instance migration of running BPM instances. A very nice and usefull feature. When changing the BPM process, the change done has impact on the possibility to automatically migrate the instance. I encountered three options:
      The change to the underlying process is minor --> the process instances are migrated automatically
      The change to the underlying process is more complex --> the process instances need to be migrated manually
      The change to the underlying process issignificatnt --> the process instance cannot easily be migrated at all. Must be done manually

As we have a lot of running process instances we want to avoid manual migration as much as possible. So when changing the process we want to try to make it a minor change. Is there documentation available describing what causes the instance to be migrated manually or not migratable at all?

Bye, aldo
        • 1. Re: BPM instance migration
          Aldo,

Any luck with the document for instance migration? I could find only one blog which I referred to - https://blogs.oracle.com/ateamsoab2b/entry/bpm_11g_deployment_instance_migration . I was facing some issues with the manual migration part - altering the request through process workspace.

Can you please share any document you have on this topic.

Thanks,
          Bhaskar.