This discussion is archived
1 2 3 Previous Next 41 Replies Latest reply: Feb 18, 2013 3:31 PM by Kyle.Thomas RSS

EBS SDK for ADF Integration (Session Management)

Kyle.Thomas Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Does anyone have experience using the EBS SDK for "Session Management" to launch their ADF applications from within EBS 12.1.3?

We've implemented this using JAAS for authentication/authorization, but we need to get this working using the session management APIs so we can have one login (EBS). This will give our users for this particular application a seamless navigation between EBS and ADF. The only drawback is that this application always goes through the EBS login screen and can't standalone.

I've found an example using standard JSP/Servlets in the EBS SDK document (E28169-02) and it's throwing a ServletException saying:

ServletException: Could not initailize ICX session object
     at com.oracle.ebssdkdemo.demo.HomeServlet.isAuthenticated(HomeServlet.java:70)

Regards,
Kyle Thomas
  • 1. Re: EBS SDK for ADF Integration (Session Management)
    452071 Journeyer
    Hi Kyle,

Thanks for your comment on the blog. Following up with the topic, keep in mind that the instructions provided on the MOS note for session management are only for Java EE applications and the steps don´t apply for ADF Applications. In the following webcast we provide an overview of the implementation on ADF Application, that approach has not been added yet to the MOS note, but it will.

http://oukc.oracle.com/static09/opn/login/?t=checkusercookies%7Cr=-1%7Cc=1253847557

So after reviewing the procedure, please update your application artifacts and if facing the same or new issues, let us know.

Thanks,

Juan Camilo
  • 2. Re: EBS SDK for ADF Integration (Session Management)
    Kyle.Thomas Newbie
    Juan,

Right now we're working on migrating the code over into the BC and the PhaseListener for the ADF application, but we're running into a weird issue.

We've noticed that when we set up our DataSource connection and set the properties to use

dbcFile=/ourpath/OURNAME.COM.dbc
    user=ADFUSER

We can log in with ADFUSER into EBS just fine and we've made sure it has UMX|APPS_SCHEMA_CONNECT and it has the FND: Desktop Nodes allowed set to our WL instance and our 2 DEV nodes.

But when we point it to use the oracle.apps.fnd.ext.jdbc.datasource.AppsXADataSource it throws an error:

Could not connect to 'oracle.apps.fnd.ext.jdbc.datasource.AppsXADataSource'.
    The returned message is: ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied
    Caused By: weblogic.common.resourcepool.ResourceSystemException:

Any suggestions?

This is what is displayed when we try to target our managed server:

An error occurred during activation of changes, please see the log for details.
    weblogic.application.ModuleException:
    Could not connect to 'oracle.apps.fnd.ext.jdbc.datasource.AppsXADataSource'. The returned message is: ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied It is likely that the login or password is not valid. It is also possible that something else is invalid in the configuration or that the database is not available.

Edited by: kthomas on Jan 24, 2013 12:15 PM

Edited by: kthomas on Jan 24, 2013 12:48 PM
  • 3. Re: EBS SDK for ADF Integration (Session Management)
    452071 Journeyer
    Hi Kyle,

Keep the following points in mind while implementing session management:

- Session Management different than JAAS: With session management you are going to use the AppsDatasource on your WLS server - the datasource uses the APPS user. JAAS in the other hand uses a new realm of users that is based on the external authenticator which uses the AppsDatasource behind it.

- How to use the AppsDatasource from your ADF application: I describe it in the following entry https://blogs.oracle.com/jruiz/entry/using_the_oracle_e_business. After that, you need to get a hold of the current BC database connection programmaticaly in order to create an active session with E-business suite. This snippet shows you how to do that

Statement st =
    getDBTransaction().createStatement(0);
    Connection conn = null;
    try {
    conn = st.getConnection();
    st.close();
    } catch (SQLException e) {
    }
    return conn;

- Establishing the session: The session gets enabled on both the UI and the BC side from the AM you need to invoke the SDK method ebizInstance = new EBiz(connection, applServerID); where applServerID is the host of your E-Business Suite. We explain that in more detail on the second webcast on session management.
    http://oukc.oracle.com/static09/opn/login/?t=checkusercookies%7Cr=-1%7Cc=1253847557

- The phase listener will need to get a hold of the AM to establish the session at the BC level. Then have a method at the AM that returns a oracle.apps.fnd.ext.common.Session and using this Session you will set up your UI session.

I´m trying to put together a quick and dirty sample code that can help you and others to achieve this. It takes indeed a good understanding of the ADF internals to successfully achieve the entire implementation.

Keep updating the thread to see you are you going in the meantime.

Thanks,

Juan Camilo
  • 4. Re: EBS SDK for ADF Integration (Session Management)
    Kyle.Thomas Newbie
    Juan,

It's not even the problem at this point getting the ADF integrated with the session management. I'm confident we already have that piece in place.

The issue is just getting the Datasource working with our user ADFUSER.

We cannot connect to the [oracle.apps.fnd.ext.jdbc.datasource.AppsXADataSource] within our JDBC connection.

Caused by: weblogic.common.resourcepool.ResourceSystemException:
    It is likely that the login or password is not valid.
    It is also possible that something else is invalid in
    the configuration or that the database is not available.

I am going to email you a document outlining what we've done so far and the log files that dump the message.
  • 5. Re: EBS SDK for ADF Integration (Session Management)
    Kyle.Thomas Newbie
    Juan,

I believe I found a person with a similar issue. It appears our DBA may not have generated the DBC file correctly:

http://identity-accessmanagement.blogspot.com/2012/04/environment-details-oracle-e-business.html
  • 6. Re: EBS SDK for ADF Integration (Session Management)
    452071 Journeyer
    Ok Kyle,

Let us know if the problem persists after re-generating the dbc file.

JC
  • 7. Re: EBS SDK for ADF Integration (Session Management)
    987410 Newbie
    Juan,

We have the same environment as Kyle (EBS 12.1.3, ADF 11g, WLS 10.3.6) and we are trying to integerate ADF within EBS pages (ADF regions in OAF pages). I have issues creating the datasource in wls. I am getting the following error :
    Could not connect to 'oracle.apps.fnd.ext.jdbc.datasource.AppsXADataSource'. The returned message is: ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied It is likely that the login or password is not valid. It is also possible that something else is invalid in the configuration or that the database is not available.

I have asked the DBA to regenerate the DBC file after installing Patch 13882058 on R12. I have regenerated the fndext.jar and copied it to $DOMAIN_HOME/lib folder as mentioned in E28169-02 doc. But I still get the same error. Please suggest.

Thanks
    Viswa
  • 8. Re: EBS SDK for ADF Integration (Session Management)
    Kyle.Thomas Newbie
    Juan,

I sent you an email with my screens / logs.

Viswa,

As soon as I resolve my issue I will pass the info to you and help you with yours. It appears we both have the same problem.

Edited by: kthomas on Jan 28, 2013 8:26 AM
  • 9. Re: EBS SDK for ADF Integration (Session Management)
    452071 Journeyer
    984407 wrote:
    Juan,

We have the same environment as Kyle (EBS 12.1.3, ADF 11g, WLS 10.3.6) and we are trying to integerate ADF within EBS pages (ADF regions in OAF pages). I have issues creating the datasource in wls. I am getting the following error :

I have asked the DBA to regenerate the DBC file after installing Patch 13882058 on R12. I have regenerated the fndext.jar and copied it to $DOMAIN_HOME/lib folder as mentioned in E28169-02 doc. But I still get the same error. Please suggest.

Thanks
    Viswa
    Viswa,

Can you elaborate, at what point are you obtaining the error, is it during setting up the datasource on weblogic or while establishing an active EBS session from the ADF region using the EBS SDK?

Juan C.
  • 10. Re: EBS SDK for ADF Integration (Session Management)
    987410 Newbie
    Juan,

Thanks for your reply. I am following the steps in Document E28169_02. I have regenerated the fndext.jar on Linux 2.6 machine on which WLS 10.3.6 is running. The manager server and the Admin servers have been restarted.The EBS administrators have regenerated the DBC file and I am pointing to the new DBC file (dbcFile property while creating the datasource)
    The error occurs during the creation of the datasource on the Weblogic server. Please let me know if you need any other information.

I am not at the integration point yet (establishing an active EBS session from the ADF region using the EBS SDK), but if you can help me provide sample code, that would be really helpful.

Thanks in advance
    Viswa
  • 11. Re: EBS SDK for ADF Integration (Session Management)
    452071 Journeyer
    Viswa, Kyle,

Can you please confirm that you have patch 12715586 installed on your E-Business Suite enviroment? Also, make sure that you follow all the steps from the My Oracle Support 974949.1] - section 2.1.2. Register the External Node and Generate the Desktop DBC File. I know you both re-created the dbc file but make sure all the steps stated there have been performed.

Thanks,

Juan Camilo
  • 12. Re: EBS SDK for ADF Integration (Session Management)
    Kyle.Thomas Newbie
    Yes,

Patch 12715586 has been applied to my EBS 12.1.3 instance. I have queried AD_APPLIED_PATCHES to make sure.

"PATCH_NAME"     "PATCH_TYPE"     "DRIVER_FILE_NAME"     "CREATION_DATE"     "PLATFORM"     "LANGUAGE"
    "12715586"     "ONE-OFF"     "u12715586.drv"      08-JAN-13     "GENERIC"     "US"

I have also made sure the profiles and responsibilities had been set for the specified user in the DataSource setup.
  • 13. Re: EBS SDK for ADF Integration (Session Management)
    987410 Newbie
    Juan,

The patch has been installed on the EBS side. I checked with the EBS administrators.

select * from ad_bugs where bug_number = '12715586';

Kyle,

Can you help me with sample code to integrate EBS with ADF using session management. Thanks in advance

Thanks
    Viswa
  • 14. Re: EBS SDK for ADF Integration (Session Management)
    Kyle.Thomas Newbie
    Viswa,

We're working on a sample application right now. Once I get the DS working to EBS I should be able to test it and I can help you with yours.
1 2 3 Previous Next

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points