4 Replies Latest reply: Jan 28, 2013 12:09 AM by 963503 RSS

Need Oracle 10g Client for windows .NET 4.0

Hi,
      Can someone point me out to a link to download Oracle 10g Client for windows (Windows 2008 R2 i.e.x64) compatible with .NET 4.0?
      Regards,
      Venkatesh Pai
      Nous Infosystems
        • 1. Re: Need Oracle 10g Client for windows .NET 4.0
          JustinCave
          The 10g client is no longer available for download from OTN. If you have a need for desupported versions, you can log into My Oracle Support (assuming your organization has a valid support contract) and submit a SR to get old versions. The base versions of the 10.2 client were not certified on Windows 2008 R2. You would need the 10.2.0.4 version to install and would then need to apply the 10.2.0.5 patchset.

Are you sure you don't want to download the 11.2 client instead?

Justin
          • 2. Re: Need Oracle 10g Client for windows .NET 4.0
            Hi Justin,
            I appreciate your quick response to my query posted in the forum. Earlier, we had tried running our enterprise application which uses

DataReader/DataSets extensively, with x86 Oracle Windows Client 11.2, Oracle.DataAccess.dll v2.112.3.0. But we observed memory leak, resulting in the

error “Memory Could not be allocated”, which was not the case with x86 10g Client with .NET 2.0.

We have since upgraded our application from .NET 2.0 to 4.0. Hence we want to run our application with 10g Windows Client compatible to .NET 4.0,

anticipating that it will not leak memory.

I have created a .Net 2.0 sample application which we have used to replicate the memory leak.

Can you please share details of any solution patches from Oracle on the above issue / your thoughts?

Regards,
            Venkatesh Pai
            • 3. Re: Need Oracle 10g Client for windows .NET 4.0
              JustinCave
              If you have a technical question, you are much better off posting in the appropriate technical forum. There is an ODP.Net forum where a discussion of the memory leak that you believe you have found would be more appropriate.

If you believe you have identified a bug, you probably want to open a ticket with Oracle Support (or at least search Metalink). Most of the time, if it is really a bug, someone else has encountered it and there is a good chance that there is a patch available.

Justin
              • 4. Re: Need Oracle 10g Client for windows .NET 4.0
                Thank you Justin, for sharing the relevant information.

Regards,
                Venkatesh Pai
                Nous Infosystems