This discussion is archived
5 Replies Latest reply: Jan 28, 2013 8:20 AM by 963664 RSS

Scree flow

963664 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
My requirement is to display screen x if the attribute value = 'X' and show screen Y if the attribute value = 'Y'.
* There is one question common in both screen x and screen y (in other words, one attribute is added in both screens)

I attempt the following - which didn't work.

1) Create Questions screens "Screen X", "Screen Y"
2) Create screen flow with decision

Start -> "the attribute" ="X" -> Screen X -> end
"the attribute = "Y" -> Screen Y -> end

However, when i enter attribute value as "Y" it still showing me "Screen X" (I assume because it has that common question in it).

How can I correct this ?

Edited by: 960661 on Jan 23, 2013 1:21 PM
  • 1. Re: Scree flow
    frank.hampshire Expert
    960661 wrote:
    My requirement is to display screen x if the attribute value = 'X' and show screen Y if the attribute value = 'Y'.
    * There is one question common in both screen x and screen y (in other words, one attribute is added in both screens)

I attempt the following - which didn't work.

1) Create Questions screens "Screen X", "Screen Y"
    2) Create screen flow with decision

Start -> "the attribute" ="X" -> Screen X -> end
    "the attribute = "Y" -> Screen Y -> end

However, when i enter attribute value as "Y" it still showing me "Screen X" (I assume because it has that common question in it).

How can I correct this ?

Edited by: 960661 on Jan 23, 2013 1:21 PM
    It sounds like you have got the screen flow correct, however, when you start the interview, you have to explictly start the interview with that flow. Otherwise, you will just go through each screen based on the next question to be answered.

To invoke an interview with a screen flow in web determinations, you need to send a URL like:

{code}
    web-determinations/startsession/<rulebase>/<locale>/<flowId>
    {code}

The flow id is a little trick but the format is "Procedural~<flow-name>{<entity>~<entity-instance-name>~}"
    In the case of web-determinations the entity and entity-instance-name should (for practical purposes) always be "global", so the URL should be:

{code}
    web-determinations/startsession/<rulebase>/<locale>/Procedural~<flow-name>{{global~global~}?
    {code}
  • 2. Re: Scree flow
    963664 Newbie
    Thank you frank.hampshire; that worked.
  • 3. Re: Scree flow
    963664 Newbie
    After some detail testing, i realized that its not showing the progress-stages any more (the question screen tabs). This is a requirement for me. Can i enable this explictly ( I am thinking of grouping all conditional display screens in a folder; so that the display of progress-stages is consistent)
  • 4. Re: Scree flow
    Jasmine Lee Expert
    Progress Stages only display when using the Screen Order functionality. They do not display when running a Screen Flow.

See this OPM Help article: http://docs.oracle.com/html/E38269_01/Content/Interviews%20and%20flows/Test_an_interview_or_screen_flow.htm In the "Progress Stages" section, you’ll see it says "This feature only works when a screen order is defined." More specifically, if a Screen Order is defined, then Progress Stages will display when investigating any goal which uses that Screen Order.

Cheers,
    Jasmine
  • 5. Re: Scree flow
    963664 Newbie
    Thank you, for providing the details.

I added a work around by providing custom stages (in stages.vm) for my rule base (this workd since we will be having fixed stages/tabs) - and custom screen property is used to decide "active/inactive" status of the stage.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points