The hssupgrade wizard fails to work for me while upgrading from 188.8.131.52 to 184.108.40.206 . i have not been able to import data from the earlier release. It gives me an error , ORA-02291:integrity constraint on FK1_PROV_MEMIDEN.
will a manual creation work just as fine?
These are the steps :
1. LCM export from source
2. LCM export from target
3. modified the main files alone( Eg.. Roles for Essbase, Groups, Users)
4. manual creation of filter to group association.
Is there anything else that I might be missing?
I am trying planning using this method:
1. created shell on 220.127.116.11
2. importing schema from 18.104.22.168
3. planning upgrade wizard
Sure, you can export the old SS metadata, transform the data, and import it.
In 22.214.171.124 the LCM format is a bit different but if you use an export from the new system, compare it to the old export, and then work from there you should be able to get it...
my only problem seems to be the planning app at this stage. each time i run the wizard i am encountering an ora00955 error. can you please provide some updates on your experience while upgrading a classic planning app ?
To upgrade a classic app:
1. create a shell planning app on 126.96.36.199
2. copy the planning app db from 188.8.131.52 to 184.108.40.206 DB
3. restart planning
4. use upgrade wizard in Classic Planning Administration to upgrade the app