This content has been marked as final. Show 5 replies
Check the adv config sizing guide... about 2gb extra memory is required.
BI Publisher Configuration
If you plan on integrating BI Publisher version 126.96.36.199 with Enterprise Manager Release 12c Cloud Control, which is required for BI Publisher reports to function, add 1.5 GB to the host memory requirements stated above.
Since you are on EM 188.8.131.52, you should be using BIP 184.108.40.206 and not 220.127.116.11. Installing the wrong version can cause serious issues with your EM install, so please be careful.
Refer to the Additional software section on the EM download page;
thank you both -- I was about to ask about that discrepancy. The EM 12c documentation isn't quite clear, and in some places didn't appear to be updated to reflect the newer BI version 18.104.22.168 out there. Your link with the ch14 "Integrating BI Publisher with Enterprise Manager" looks like what I need.
to confirm memory usage then, is it:
6 GB for OEM (per http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E24628_01/install.121/e24089/sizing.htm#BCGDAFCA , small deployment) +
+1.5 GB for BI (per http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E24628_01/install.121/e24089/install_em_bip.htm)
Since I'm sticking the DB repository on the same machine, I figured to add another 2GB to the memory spec (as a minimum, not recommended).
I'd assume that I simply:
- download BI 22.214.171.124 software from OTN
- Install software only **IMPORTANT**
- install into middleware home of OMS (presumably /u01/app/oracle/middleware)
- create BI home as "Oracle_BI1" <-- must use this name
- backup domain configuration (zip) (cd <Instance-Home>/user_projects/domains and zip -r GCDomain.zip GCDomain)
- run /u01/app/oracle/middleware/oms/bin/configureBIP
- use the SYSDBA account, weblogic admin user password, node manager password
- specify an HTTP and HTTPS port for the BI Publisher Managed Server: *<-- are these two new ports that I need to have publicly accessible to web-users? or are they existing ports that I should have already had in my OMS config?*
for instance, the documentation seems to show 9701 as a sample port.. are there recommended default ports to stick to? (like how we typically do with listener, agent, oms ports?)
Edit: I've also linked to a PDF illustrating the process screen-by-screen, pretty nifty [ http://oemgc.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/integrating-bi-publisher-with-enterprise-manager.pdf ] (credit: Rob Zoeteweij)
Edited by: lrp1 on Jan 25, 2013 11:31 AM