Below is my step configuring EPM 22.214.171.124:
1. When I was configuring EPM 126.96.36.199, I accidentally configured Shared Services in Compact Mode, so EPMserver0 is created in WebLogic.
2. At this time, the application is not yet deployed to Oracle Web server.
3. Then I realized that I should not deploy EPM with compact mode, and I reconfigure Shared Services so the FoundationServices0 is created in Weblogic.
4. I configured other EPM products without compact mode, which means that every component is deployed to different web application server instances rather than EPMserver0.
And then I realized that though I reconfigured Shared Services and EPM system seems working, the "EPMserver0" still exists in WebLogic. There are also a document named "EPMserver0" in "\Oracle\Middleware\user_projects\domains\EPMSystem\servers".
My questions are:
1. Would this duplicated server affect EPM system and cause any trouble?
2. I think if deploying in compact mode, there should be an additional Windows service created, and there is no such thing in my server. I believe this is because I reconfigured it, so for EPM system, it should just ignore this application server instance. Am I right?
3. Even this server does not bother EPM system at all, I'm not quite comfortable to see it there with other application server instances. May I remove it from WebLogic? If I can, how do I remove it?
Thank in advance for any sharing and solutions!
There should be no harm in leaving it deployed to WebLogic and you will just not be starting it.
Usually it would create a service on windows once a web application is deployed in compact mode, if it doesn't exist and you are not using the compact deployment then there shouldnt be anything to worry about.
It is possible to delete the server from WebLogic though if you are not sure on how to do it and it is not causing any problems it should be safe just to leave it.
Alternatively you can wipe out the domain and the shared services registry and start the config again for it to be clean.
Thank you John and Pablo!
But now I am unsure about whether it is working with compact mode or not. I generate the deployment report and I can see all the services with their original port while at the same time with 19000 port... Is this normal? Should I upload my deployment report so it would be clearer of what I'm saying?
Though the EPM is now working, it is quite unstable as my EPMA dimension library hangs some times. I wonder whether it is related to the mess of my deployment...
Thanks in advance for any replies!
Edited by: FinFu on Feb 3, 2013 7:52 PM
If you are starting the Weblogic managed server EPMServer or the windows service "Hyperion EPM Server - Web Application" then you will be running a compact deployment of some form, the web apps running in it will depend on what was deployed to it.
If you are not and the system is working then it will not be running in a compact deployment.
For EPMA issue,you check the epma web logs to see if there are any errors when the hang occurs.
If this is going to be an important env like Prod or QA my suggestion would be to remove the not required deployments.You can delete the same through epmsys_registry file after finding the corresponding component ID.
Also you can remove EPMServer0(compact deployment) through weblogic admin console and ensure that all the individual Deployments is targeted to the correct server.
I have not tried the above scenario myself...
Hope this helps