5 Replies Latest reply: Jan 29, 2013 11:25 AM by user1146711 RSS

Switching the reports with the dashboard prompts

user1146711
      Hello Gurus

I have a report with Category, state, State Measure, National Measure and the requirement is
      The user wants a bar graph with two state dashboard prompts with states and national in it so they can select state in one selector and national in the other one or national and state or national, national or state, state. Also here I am adding national to the state dashboard prompt manually by sql.

I need your advise how I will be able to switch between the reports I understand that I might need to create 4 different reports for the combinations but I would like to know how I should be able to do that and what is the logic.
      Thanks
      Ravi
        • 1. Re: Switching the reports with the dashboard prompts
          Srini VEERAVALLI
          Check these
          http://businessdecisionsystems.com/blog/?p=448
          http://orabi1001.blogspot.com/2012/05/obiee-report-prompt-link-obiee-11g.html

If helps mark

Edited by: Srini VEERAVALLI on Jan 23, 2013 11:08 PM
          • 2. Re: Switching the reports with the dashboard prompts
            Vineeth. K.M
            Hi,
            Assuming you are using OBI 11g,
            You need to have a dashboard prompt with 4 columns.
            First column would be a variable prompt, where you set a presentation variable and the values to be displayed are state and nation.
            Second column would display your values based on the value selected in the first column, where you will have to write a case statement based on the value of the presentation variable set.

Repeat this for the next set of State and Nation dashboard columns, so that you get the values for all the combinations required.

In the report / graph, make the state and nation columns is equal to the presentation variables.
            Thus, one graph will work for all the values selected in the dashboard prompt.

Thanks,
            Vineeth
            • 3. Re: Switching the reports with the dashboard prompts
              user1146711
              Thanks for your reponse Srini. My requirement is little different from the blog which you provided. Here in my case i am using the existing state variables and creating them as two prompts and by using them i want to switch between the reports. I already did State to state and National to State comparison reports and it is working fine and i am able to switch between the 2 reports since i need only two combinations before state vs state and national vs state, please find the link which explains how i did it http://ravibiblog.blogspot.com/2013/01/switching-between-multiple-reports-with.html. But as i was mentioning there is a requirement to add national to the second prompt and it will give 4 set of reports with different combinations 1) state vs state, 2) state vs national, 3) national vs national and 4) national vs state. Basically the user wants to control national from the second prompt too. Currently they can only do it from one prompt as provided in the blog, the main help i need is the logic in the conditional report filtering and also on the actual reports and what operator i should be using on the dashboard sections. Please advise.

Thanks
              Ravi

Edited by: user1146711 on Jan 24, 2013 11:25 AM

Edited by: user1146711 on Jan 24, 2013 1:45 PM
              • 4. Re: Switching the reports with the dashboard prompts
                user1146711
                Thanks for the response and yes i am using OBIEE 11g. Also i am not clear with the response, if you dont mind could you please elaborate?

Thanks
                Ravi.
                • 5. Re: Switching the reports with the dashboard prompts
                  user1146711
                  I got the answer. I will post the detailed information soon with a blog link.

Thanks a lot to all for the support.

Ravi