2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 26, 2013 11:23 AM by Hussein Sawwan-Oracle RSS

SQLDR can access datafile that placed on user machin by using Concurrent

Hussain Jaff
      I am using Data file for SQL LOADER, on server Path = /oradata/d01/oracle/PROD/apps/apps_st/appl/pay/12.0.0/bin (my_data_file.txt)
      every time user created file i need to manualy placed on EBS server on above path ,

Iis it possible that user can chose file by EBS Concurrent programm (That placed on user or clint PC ) like c:\my_data_file.txt .

requirment
      := user copy data file and pest on server spacific location by concurrent screen , and then it will upload by SQL LOADER

OR

:= user assign data file that place on his / her machine and sql loader direct load this file , dont need to place data file on server

Edited by: jaff on 26-Jan-2013 02:06
        • 1. Re: SQLDR can access datafile that placed on user machin by using Concurrent
          Srini Chavali-Oracle
          SQL*Loader running on the database server cannot automatically read/access files on the client PC. One option you have is to create a share directory on the client PC, mount (or make available) that share on the database server (you seem to be using Unix) and modify your loader script to refer to the data file on that mounted share location. If the sharing/mounting cannot be done, then either you will have to manually copy the file over, or have your user somehow copy the file over to the server (maybe ftp ?).

HTH
          Srini
          • 2. Re: SQLDR can access datafile that placed on user machin by using Concurrent
            Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
            jaff wrote:
            I am using Data file for SQL LOADER, on server Path = /oradata/d01/oracle/PROD/apps/apps_st/appl/pay/12.0.0/bin (my_data_file.txt)
            every time user created file i need to manualy placed on EBS server on above path ,

Iis it possible that user can chose file by EBS Concurrent programm (That placed on user or clint PC ) like c:\my_data_file.txt .
            No.

We have similar programs and we upload the files to the application server. Those directories are shared on a file server and can be accessed by specific end users who have read/write permission from their client machines.

Thanks,
            Hussein