This discussion is archived
8 Replies Latest reply: Jan 29, 2013 4:55 PM by the_tango RSS

Analytics in Oracle webcenter

986881 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
We are able to create a WC_Spaces manged server and also configure analytics collector. We can create space pages and can also check the analytics reports there.

But here is our business scenario:
We have developed a space application in Jdev and also added taks flows to a test page and this space application is successfully deployed on to the managed server Wc_Spaces.

Now how do we see the analytics of the sample application that we developed in Jdev and deployed to the WC_spaces manager server?

Edited by: 983878 on Jan 24, 2013 2:12 AM
  • 1. Re: Analytics in Oracle webcenter
    jiri.machotka Guru
    See here: http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E21764_01/webcenter.1111/e10148/jpsdg_analytics.htm#BABDDCED
  • 2. Re: Analytics in Oracle webcenter
    986881 Newbie
    I keep getting the below error. "This is a test Space application." is the text that I put in the page.

This is a test Space application.
    Analytics Service is not available: database schema is incomplete, please check Collector component has run successfully.
  • 3. Re: Analytics in Oracle webcenter
    Daniel Merchán Expert
    Hi.

I'm little confused of your "Spaces Application". Are you meaning that you are deploying custom WebCenter Portal Framework Application in WC_Spaces manage server?.

To run analytics in your WebCenter Portal Application check next steps:

- You register database connection in JDev associating it to ActivitiesDS.
    - You configured Analytics & Graph collector connection though Enterprise Manager Console.

In addition you have to know that WebCenter Portal Application is not prepared OOTB to collect page traffic.
    Build your own ViewHandler following this thread: Dynamic pagetitle in event code for webcenter analytics page views

Regards.
  • 4. Re: Analytics in Oracle webcenter
    986881 Newbie
    While creating project in the Jdev, I have chosen " Webcenter Portal - Spaces Task flows Customization Application" and not the "Webcenter Portal - Framework Application".
    This is what I am referring as a "Spaces Application".

I have done both these tasks.
    - You register database connection in JDev associating it to ActivitiesDS.
    - You configured Analytics & Graph collector connection though Enterprise Manager Console.

I don't know about ViewController. I will look into the thread you suggested.
  • 5. Re: Analytics in Oracle webcenter
    986881 Newbie
    I am still getting the same error. Could you please help me?
  • 6. Re: Analytics in Oracle webcenter
    986881 Newbie
    Still getting error, please help me
  • 7. Re: Analytics in Oracle webcenter
    Daniel Merchán Expert
    If you choose "Webcenter Portal - Spaces Task flows Customization Application" then you are customizing OOTB WebCenter Spaces Application and not deploying WebCenter Application.

It means that you are deploying .MAR file (changing MDS values) and not an application.

I really don't know what are you trying to achieve. But, if you want to collect information you have only to have Analytics Collector running in WebCenter Application.

What do you want to collect?.

Regards.
  • 8. Re: Analytics in Oracle webcenter
    the_tango Newbie
    Hi,

Apologies in advance for hijacking this thread (I am a newbie to this forum and cannot find where to create a new thread? If someone can shed some light on how I create a new thread that would be appreciated.

I was wondering if anybody could assist me with my migration from two old to two new RAC DB Servers?

We run:
    - Oracle e-Business 11i on two apps servers - call these servers EBS1 & EBS2 (these will remain where they are)
    - Oracle Middleware 10.1 (Portal, Discovery, WebCache) on two servers - call these servers MID1 & MID2 (these will remain where they are)
    - Oracle SSO 10.1 on the same two Middleware Servers above - servers MID1 & MID2
    - Two Oracle RAC/ASM DB 10gR2 Servers hosting the e-Business Database & the Infrastructure Database (which contains the product metadata & OID) - call these servers RAC1 & RAC2
    - Oracle OID 10.1 also runs on the same two DB Servers - RAC1 & RAC2

All Operating Systems OEL(RHEL) Linux:
    EBS1&EBS2: 4.8 32bit
    MID1&MID2: 4.8 32bit
    RAC1&RAC2: 4.8 64bit
    NEWRAC1&NEWRAC2: 5.6 64bit

We are in the process of replacing the two DB Servers RAC1 & RAC2 with two new servers - call them NEWRAC1 & NEWRAC2.

I am ok (I think) with most of the bits required:

1. Cloning of e-Business Database on NEWRAC1 & NEWRAC2 - completed and tested ok

2. As we currently have a Infra Database shared between OID/SSO and the Middleware Product data, I believe I had to:
    a. Perform a new installation of the Inf DB / MRCA on NEWRAC1 & NEWRAC2
    b. Install New OID on NEWRAC1 & NEWRAC2 using new Inf DB
    c. Export/import the OID/SSO/Product metadata from old to new Inf DB on NEWRAC1 & NEWRAC2

Note: The above has been completed and looks ok

3. Reconfigure e-Business apps on EBS1 & EBS2 (update context files and run autoconfig) - Yet to be done but I believe this is the next step after I have reconfigured SSO/MID.

The bits I am unsure of are:

A. How to reconfigure SSO on MID1 & MID2 which currently points to old infra to point to new infra on NEWRAC1 & NEWRAC2?
    B. How to reconfigure Middleware (Portal, Discovery, WebCache) on MID1 & MID2 which currently points to old infra to point to new infra on NEWRAC1 & NEWRAC2?

The plan is to perform the reconfiguration on one of the Middleware servers - MID2 and one of the e-bus apps servers - EBS2 first and confirm all is running ok against the two new db servers before reconfiguring the remaining middleware and apps servers.

We of course have a non-production environment which is a copy of our prod which we are testing this migration in.

Any thoughts/advice/recommendations/links on how to go about this would be appreciated.

Best Regards,
    Peter

PS. I think I have found an answer for B. How to reconfigure Middleware --> http://docs.oracle.com/cd/B14099_19/core.1012/b13995/cloning.htm#BCGGJGCJ
    I am still unsure of how to answer A. How to reconfigure SSO on our two middleware servers to reconfigure/point them to our new DB Servers?

Edited by: user5365445 on Jan 30, 2013 10:54 AM

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points