1 Reply Latest reply: Jan 24, 2013 9:42 AM by rukbat RSS

Audio Alerts Disrupt Java Audio While Live Streaming

When I live steam video in Windows 8/Chrome, using Adobe Flash, the audio portion is silenced each time I receive an audio prompt from my system. When I say "audio prompt" I mean a beep that I believe provides some sort of notification. The video continues, but all sound disappears for a few minutes when it then reappears. I have a dual boot system. The problem only exists in Windows 8. In Windows 7 I do not have this problem. My Chrome is fully updated, which means, I believe, that my Adobe Flash is also current. I disabled audio alerts in Windows 8 and in Outlook 2007 and GMail (my email clients), but the audio alerts persist as do the disruptions of Java Live streaming audio. Any ideas or suggestions for fixing this problem?
        • 1. Re: Audio Alerts Disrupt Java Audio While Live Streaming
          rukbat
          You posted to a Java programming forum.
          There are no Java usage forums on this site; deliberately so.

I don't see anything in your post that relates to any product by Oracle or its subsidiary divisions thatr could cause what seems to be your issue.

What does Microsoft's Windows 7 have to do with Oracle?
          What does Microsoft's Windows 8 have to do with Oracle?
          What does Google's Chrome browser have to do with Oracle?
          What does Adobe's Flash product have to do with Oracle?
          What do email client applications have to do with Oracle?

Those products are likely your issue. Go fix them, and your audio and video streams will work. ... paarticularly when you say:
          The problem only exists in Windows 8.